Chapter 128

Aage khaai, peeche kuaan (Ahead there is a cliff, behind there is a well) thought Gauri.

Gauri remembered the pepper spray she had got with her, and took it out immediately, ready to spray on the incoming ghost. Omkara, who thought this immensely stupid, said, "What are you doing Gauri?" He exclaimed so loudly, that Gauri turned towards him, instead of the ghost and sprayed it accidentally on his eyes. 

"Gauri!" Om shouted in pain.

"Sorry!" Gauri exclaimed, sounding extremely apologetic. 

"Why did you do this?" shrieked Om.

"I was aiming for the ghost...but you shouted...and I just....it was accident, sorry Omkaraji!" explained Gauri, freaking out.

"Oh, so this is my fault too?" asked Omkara, fervently rubbing his eyes. 

"When did I say that?" said Gauri, but before she could continue, she stopped short.

Now there were five ghosts facing them, instead of one. 

"Er....Omkaraji, we are in trouble" said Gauri. 

"Yes, I know that" said Omkara.

"No, I mean, in bigger trouble. There is not one, but five ghosts facing us now" said Gauri, trembling with fear now. 

"What?" Omkara groaned. 

Gauri was trying not to look at the ghosts, closing in on them, as if not looking at them would shut them out, when she noticed something. These ghosts...they weren't gliding, like ghosts are supposed to, they had feet!

"Wait a minute.....eh bhoot nahi hai....ee toh chirote hain, humein lootne ke liye aaya hain!" (these aren't ghosts, these are men who have come to rob us!) squealed Gauri, in anger, that she had been almost duped. 

"What?" said Omkara. He was really hating not being able to see, at this crucial juncture. 

"Omkaraji, my chaachi had told me when I was a kid, that all these...bhoot, witches, they have reverse feet....and these ghosts, they are not ghosts, they are just people were costumes pretending to be ghosts" said Gauri, accusing the men. 

The men took off their masks. 

"Really smart" said the leader of the gang, grinning appreciatively and evilly. "Now show some more smartness and hand us over your car keys and wallet" he ordered.

Omkara made a move to do the same. 

"Arey no, Omkaraji! We can't just give in like this. We'll fight them and show them who's scared" said Gauri, affronted that those ghosts had made them run like this, and wanting to get back at them.

"Gauri, don't be stupid. This is some highway robber gang, these are dangerous people. Just let me give them what they ask for, and they'll let us go" said Omkara, hoping Gauri would shut up, and not bring more trouble upon them. 

"No, Omkaraji" insisted Gauri.

One of the gang members sized up Gauri. 

"Boss, the girl is cute. Lets her pick her up as well" said the member. The other members nodded. 

Oh no! Not again, why does this always happen to me? thought Gauri. 

Any intention of giving in to the duress of the robbers, went out of Omkara's mind. Instead an angry buzz filled his head.