Prologue

Omkara's point of view:

"Iss aag mein meri maa toh nahi jali, par unka woh achcha beta jal gaya".

"Aapne patthar ko dil bante huye dekha hai, par ab aap dil ko patthar bante huye dekhenge"

"Main apne dard mein itna dooba huya tha, ki main apne maa ka sahaara nahi ban paaya."

"Ab main apni maa ka sahara banunga, main Shivaay banunga".

Omkara's words kept churning in his mind like a whirlpool. He never had much control over his anger, but earlier that anger was only directed at this father. This time that anger was directed at himself. He was responsible for his mother's plight, he was the elder son of his mother, he was supposed to be there for her, but he wasn't. He wasn't there for her, and now look what it has come to. The fire that almost burnt his mother to death, was now raging within him. But instead of burning him, it just made him deathly calm. He could see the worry in Shivaay's eyes, Shivaay who loved Omkara the most in the world. But now Shivaay had his own life, his own problems. Omkara would not burden him anymore with his issues. Rudra's eyes reflected fear; he was scared for his elder brother. Elder brother, yes, Omkara was an elder brother too. Till now only Shivaay had fulfilled the duties of an elder brother but now it was his turn, Omkara's turn. If their parents marriage dissolved, then Rudy will be deeply hurt and Prinku? She was already suffering from anxiety attacks. His mother will not survive if her marriage breaks. No, he can't let this happen. He will figure out some way, he will deal with Tej Singh Oberoi. He will not his father ruin his family's lives, even if he ruins himself in the process.

Rudra's point of view

"Tu fikar mat kar Shivaay. Main theek hoon. Ab main kamzor nahi padunga."

In reality, Om has never looked more weak to Rudy. Rudy could see the soulfulness draining from his brother's eyes, being replaced with a wall that he can't see through.

In one moment their lives changed forever. Rudy thought that by agreeing to marry Tej's business associate's daughter, he will solve the issue. Om would never submit to being a "deal" for their father. Before both of them could lock horns, Rudy intervened and took it upon himself. He was ready to sacrifice himself to this marriage, if that brought peace in the family. But it all went in vain, when that footage of Soumya and his drunk wedding leaked to the press. He was hundred percent sure that Annika bhaabhi had nothing to do with it, someone was framing her. But that wasn't important any longer.

What was important was that their mother almost died, their parents' marriage is about to end, and his brother, Om, who had together with Shivaay bhaiyaa, always shielded him from all problems, was falling apart. The twisted smile that Om was giving right now to reassure them, scared him even more. They might have saved their mother, but his brother was lost.

All would have been fine if only the roka ceremony had gone peacefully. But it didn't because of that drunk wedding. That wedding with Soumya. Yes, Soumya she was responsible for all this mess. Deep-down his heart Rudra knew that its not her fault, but right now he wanted to blame someone for what was happening. His father left with that vixen Svetty, so now the only person who he could pin the blame on was Soumya.

Translations for Om's dialogues

"Iss aag mein meri maa toh nahi jali, par unka woh achcha beta jal gaya". (This fire didn't burn my mother, but it burnt her good son.)

"Aapne patthar ko dil bante huye dekha hai, par ab aap dil ko patthar bante huye dekhenge" (You've seen stone turning into a soft heart, but now you will see a soft heart turning into stone)

"Main apne dard mein itna dooba huya tha, ki main apne maa ka sahaara nahi ban paaya."(I was so deep in my own sorrow, that I could not be a support to my mother)

"Ab main apni maa ka sahara banunga, main Shivaay banunga". (Now I will be my mother's support, I will be like Shivaay)

"Tu fikar mat kar Shivaay. Main theek hoon. Ab main kamzor nahi padunga." (Don't worry Shivaay, now I won't fall weak)

P.S. This is basically from the 4th Feb episode (I think). I suggest those who have not seen IB, before DBO, to check out this episode, as it captures Om's trauma really well. If not for anything, then Kunal has acted his best in this episode.

P.P.S This is from where I'm planning to start the story. Please leave your feedback in the comments, constructive criticism is really appreciated. Thanks!