Chapter 144

Gauri didn't get a chance to dwell on what she heard, when she returned home. There was another storm waiting for them.

Soumya approached her just as she was about to enter her room.

"Gauri bhaabhi, could you please come to my room in a few minutes. Its something important" said Soumya.

Gauri nodded, curious what it could be about. The wedding?

When she entered the room five minutes later she saw, Jahnvi Maaji, Tej Uncleji and Omkaraji, in addition to Rudy bhaiyaa, waiting for her. By the look on Omkaraji's face, he had just arrived, and looked as puzzled as her. 

"There is something that I, and Soumya wanted to....discuss with you. I didn't ask Prinku to be here as well, because it might make her nervous unnecessarily, and I didn't feel like involving Shivaay bhaiyaa and Annika bhaabhi...yet, I wanted to discuss it with immediate family first" said Rudra hesitatingly.

"But then Rudy bhaiyaa, why did you ask me....I mean, shouldn't it be between you and your parents, and brother?" said Gauri puzzled, and unwilling to be part of this.

Rudra opened his mouth to reply, but Soumya intervened, "Gauri bhaabhi you are already involved in this, just....just wait, you will find out." 

Rudra looked at Soumya questioningly. 

Soumya shook her head. She knew what Rudra was about to tell Gauri bhaabhi, that of course, she should be here, because she was, undeniably, connected to Omkara bhaiyaa. But Soumya knew that Gauri bhaabhi would not like to hear that. So, she cut off Rudra to make up some other excuse. 

"What happened Rudra, Soumya?" asked Jahnvi, concerned. 

"Mom, Dad, just....just sit down, and listen to me...and, please don't say anything till I finish" said Rudra. 

Tej gave a shrewd look to Jahnvi knowing that something is up. 

"You....you both....Soumya isn't pregnant or something, is it?" asked Tej. 

Rudra and Soumya looked stunned, and both gasped,"No!". 

Omkara rolled his eyes at his father's comment, while Gauri who looked horrified for a moment, and then ended up laughing. 

"I'm sorry, its just Rudy bhaiyaa's expression, that just cracked me up. I'm sure we can trust Ruy bhaiyaa and Soumya. Anyways, I get the feeling that this something else, they suspect that we might take it badly, negatively" said Gauri, looking at them thoughtfully.

Rudra looked guilty, and immediately started off, not giving his father a chance to come up with more bizarre theories. 

He explained about Soumya's adoption, how she found out about it recently, and how she was connected to the Kapoors, Tia, and unfortunately Svetlana.

A stunned silence greeted him. He had expected that.

"Listen, Mom, Dad, O, whatever you are thinking right now, just to let you know, that no one blames Soumya in all this, and if someone does, then I won't like it" said Rudra, trying to sound fierce in front of his family. 

Tej raised an eyebrow at his son, but Jahnvi smiled slightly. "I'm glad my son is taking his future responsibilities as a partner seriously."

"Firstly, Rudra, you idiot, why would we blame Soumya in this? She didn't choose her parents, or to be adopted. All these things just happened to her. And she has every right to know her adopted family. Secondly, if Shivaay and Annika have no problem with Tia, after all the plotting against them, then I don't care either. In any case, if you can make up with Lady Baba, I never had that much of an issue with her. Looks like the Universe plotted that she will be your sister-in-law, by hook or by crook" Om snorted.