Chapter 181

Gauri was anxious. 

She had been working the whole evening and most of the night, well into wee hours, to complete a portion of the chunris order. Dilpreet ji had stayed up with her to help her, and entertain her as well. 

Gauri was curious as to why he was being so helpful to people he barely knew for two days. 

"Oh ji, I told you ji, you ladies are like my family, and I've heard that those who help in a wedding house, are lucky to find a loving bride" said Dilpreetji.

Gauri laughed and remarked, "So, all this is happening for a good wife?" 

"Aho ji, all this I am doing for a loving bride" said Dilpreetji. 

Gauri chuckled. 

"Achcha Gauri ji, don't mind me asking ji, but how are you going to manage arranging all that amount? Its not a small sum, in a short period of time" said Dilpreet ji, hesitatingly.

"So, should I give up?" said Gauri, testily.

"I didn't mean that Gauri ji, but it seems very difficult, why don't you refuse them?" asked Dilpreet ji. 

"I can't refuse them. Richa really likes Mukesh, and its not so easy to challenge societal norms here. But that doesn't mean I give up. All these months, when I was not here, Richa looked after my mother, and cared for her like her own. I can't back down now. I know you think this is a difficult task, and I don't blame you for having no faith in me. When someone who I considered my own, didn't show faith in me, then you are but a stranger. But it doesn't matter, as long as Shankarji has faith in me, and I have faith in myself, everything is possible" said Gauri, more to herself than to Dilpreetji.

Omkara realized afresh how his lack of trust impacted Gauri. 

He was going to make up for that. He knew that Gauri's Shankarji would never let her down. 

"Then let me help you" said Dilpreet ji. 

Gauri nodded. 

Gauri recollected this conversation from yesterday night, as she waited for Richa's uncle to return with the money from the buyer and the presents they needed for Richa's in-laws relatives. 

"Richa, Gauri" announced Richa's uncle as he entered. 

"Mamaji, did everything.....everything go fine?" asked Gauri, a little jumpy. 

"Yes, yes Gauri beta. The buyer was happy with your work, and he even paid extra. I was worried about carrying so much money with me while going shopping, and my son was busy at our shop, but luckily Dilpreet ji was passing by, and he offered to help me buy all the presents we needed, and even carried them for me" said Richa's uncle smiling. 

Thats when Gauri and Richa saw a huge ladder of presents moving inside, on top of two legs.

Dilpreet ji put them all on the floor, and heaved a sigh of relief. 

"Aho ji Richa ji, Gauri ji, I've got everything you people needed. I hope this helps" said Dilpreet ji.

"Thank you so much, Dilpreet ji, you don't even know me that well, and you are helping so much with my wedding. No tenant I've heard of helps their landlords so much" said Richa sincerely. 

"Arey, Richa ji this is no issue. Don't we have to decorate this place for the Roka this evening? Chalo ji, lets all get to work ji" said Dilpreet.

"Arey Dilpreet Ji, first please sit down and have something to eat" said Gauri's mother, as she gestured him to sit down and eat with Richa's uncle.