Chapter 182

Omkara was still eyeing that man with distaste. 

He had noticed that man fixing Gauri with his lecherous stare, and he didn't like it all. Thats why he got worried when he went missing, and followed him, to ensure Gauri was safe. 

Omkara kept his silence, because a) he was an outsider himself, and b) he didn't want to create a scene as that man was Mukesh's brother. Though Mukesh seemed like a good guy, his brother though, came across as his opposite. 

Gauri was feeling very unsettled after her brush in with Mukesh's brother. 

She knew his kind well; they would think any girl from the bride's party fair game and flirt like there was no tomorrow. If it wasn't for Richa, Gauri would've taught him that he messed with the wrong chiraiyaa, but it was her best friend's big day, so she kept mum. 

The panditji decided that since Navratri had commenced, the shaadi (wedding) would take place in the evening, nine days hence, when lagna (astrological time) for Navami was over, and they had moved to Dusshera. 

Mukesh and Richa were for some reason, persuading their families for an early marriage, so the Panditji came up with the closest date possible. 

The rest of the functions would take place separately in bride and groom's houses, only the Sangeet was a joint event. 

Gauri was glad for that, since she wouldn't have to encounter Mukesh's shady brother. 

Finally the Roka got over, and Gauri sat down on the sofa, tired, after the guests left. Richa sat down next down to her, looking exhausted but happy. 

"Richa, why did you want the marriage to be so soon? Aur door raha nahi jaa raha? (Can't stay away anymore?) teased Gauri.

"Its nothing like that Gauri. Its just....Mukesh and I have been seeing each other for long, with our families' permission, and anymore delay would look inappropriate, encourage more gossip. This city might be slightly more progressive than our zila in Bareilly, but not much. Bareilly reminds me, should I invite some of our friends from there?" asked Richa hesitantly.

"But why not Richa, its your wedding" said Gauri.

"Gauri, they were not just my friends, they knew you too, yet they did nothing....that time. Won't you be angry at them? I would, if I were in your place, and you are my best friend, so...." said Richa.

"So, you don't want to hurt or offend my feelings? I bear them no ill-will Richa. I really don't care about that zila anymore, just my little friends there, I hope my kids are happy, that's all" said Gauri, that signaled the end of their discussion.

Omkara overheard a part of their conversation, as he was entering his room. 

Again Bareilly. 

He remembered the last time when he had spoken to Richa in the hospital all those months ago, she had seemed to hint that things weren't what they looked like to him. 

Omkara wasn't interested in Bareilly anymore, but Gauri's tone belied her words, she did care about that zila, those people. 

***************************************

Gauri woke up early in the morning next day, and got working on the rest of the Chunris order. There was still some amount she needed to arrange for Richa's wedding. 

As she was working, she thought about the conclusion she came to last night. 

Dilpreet ji was definitely Omkaraji.