Chapter 193

Annika and Gauri immersed themselves in preparing for the festival in the evening, the moment they returned home, after their visit to prison. 

While Annika went with Shivaay to buy presents, Gauri was assisted by Omkara to take care of decorations. 

Currently, both of them were working on a rangoli in the temple area.

"Arey, Omkaraji vaha thoda rang bhariye na" (Arey Omkaraji, fill in some color there) said Gauri, pointing at some flower top in the rangoli pattern.

"Gauri, maybe you don't remember that I, your husband, is an artist" joked Omkara.

"Huh? I know you are an artist, but there is an empty space you have to fill" said Gauri, unimpressed by Omkara's words. 

Omkara made a face, then he smiled, a mischievous thought entering his mind. 

"Where did you say I had to fill in color?" said Omkara, swaying his hand like a pendulum, finally  landing on Gauri's face, sprinkling some color there.

"What is this?" said Gauri, exasperated. "Humein kaam karna hai, aur aapko mazaak sujh raha hai"(We have to work and you are joking around).

"Yellow colored mustache" snorted Omkara, rubbing it off Gauri's face. 

"Achcha ab rang bhariye na" (Now fill in the color) said Gauri, trying one last time.

"Thats what I am saying" said Omkara, gesturing at Gauri's hand. 

Gauri sighed, and applied some color on his face, slowly.

"Bahut battameez ho gaye hai aap" (You have become very naughty) said Gauri, giggling.

"Abhi toh maine battameezi shuru bhi nahi ki. (I haven't even started with my inappropriate behavior). And anyways, you owe me one, for last night" said Omkara, smiling slyly.

"Why? You were having fun with your brothers, like old days" said Gauri, cheekily.

"I have been enjoying with my brothers for half my life, now I want to have fun with my wife" said Omkara. 

"Oh, have fun?" said Gauri, getting up and moving away from him, with a flourish. 

Omkara was undeterred. He got up too, and swiftly managed to corner his tiny wife. 

He pulled her close by her waist, and ran his colored hands on her face, leisurely, as Gauri savored his touch. 

"What is happenings here?" came a voice

Gauri was alarmed and pulled away, while Omkara rolled his eyes.

"Nothing, Chhoti maaji, we were just finishing the rangoli. Its almost done, Omkaraji will finish, I'll go see to the rest of the decorations" said Gauri, and left hurriedly.