4 ~ place called home

(Chae pov)

(Chae pov)

Chaeyoung walked down the street. Slowly making her way back home. Or, to what she considered her home.

It really couldn't be called that.

It was a campground. Tents, trailers, and all. No place for someone to live. But she did.

It was mid afternoon when she finally got there. Her legs hurting from the fairly long walk.

As she made her way through the sites, she came upon hers. Chaeyoung stopped to look at it for a moment. Reliving old memories.

About a year ago. A homeless, drugged up mess wandered into the campgrounds. They had just had some holiday that she couldn't remember, but the sites were all dirty and covered with trash.

The owner of the grounds was having trouble getting the place clean. And when a dirty teen showed up he obviously didn't want her or her needles making the place even worse.

But she had pleaded with him to let her stay, mainly because the bathrooms were open 24/7 and had showers. Chaeyoung liked to stay clean at least.

He agreed upon three conditions.

One, she had to stay in the furthest campsite possible from the others. It was isolated towards the back of the camp. Half in the woods.

Two, she had to do all the maintenance work. If something broke, during the day or late at night, she would have to fix it.

Things needed to be cut back or trimmed? Garbage needed emptying? She did it.

Three, no drug usage in the public eye. Nor interactions with the other campers period. She had agreed to that one easy. The interactions part at least.

Chaeyoung had a campsite and a job. Although the job didn't pay her in real money, it did pay in a place to stay. But she didn't have a place to stay in. No tent or trailer.

That was until one day, an old trailer was left on the grounds. It was run down and had some rips in it. One of those single pop up ones that had a small sink, cooktop and mattress place in it.