107 ~ everything you deserve

(Lisa pov)

(Lisa pov)

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't nervous.

Lisa had gotten lucky with Chaeyoung over the fact she'd never have to experience the nervousness and anxiety of meeting your girlfriends parents for the first time.

But, as she sat at the table across from Owen and Lily, with Rosie at her hip, she was feeling something that had to be pretty close to it.

Her leg bouncing up and down as she looked around and listened to their conversations. Not wanting to embarrass herself. Or worse... make someone upset.

Because she wanted to leave a good impression on the couple who were the closest thing to family Chaeyoung had.

Practically the Australians grandparents. Even Phoebe was like her older sister. Wanting to protect her from harm at all costs.

Lisa couldn't risk giving a bad impression.

She couldn't risk losing Chaeyoung.

"Lisa must be the quiet type huh?" Lily spoke to Roseanne. Bringing her out of her thoughts.

"No she's not... so I'm curious as to why you're being so quiet?" Rosie questioned her. "What's up?"

She swallowed and looked from Lily, to Owen, then Phoebe who sat on her left the the edge of the table. "Uh... no reason..."

Phoebe's lips curved into a smile and she let out a small chuckle. "Oh, I know..."

"You do?" She questioned.

"Yeah." Phoebe looked past her to Owen and Lily. "Lisa's nervous you won't like her."

Her cheeks went bright red as she looked down at the table top. Chaeyoung squeezing her knee underneath it.

Darn you Phoebe.

"Is that so?" Owen spoke.

Lisa just nodded and kept her eyes fixated on the plate she finished off not too long ago. Embarrassed... already.

"You have nothing to worry about Lisa." His voice spoke up again.

She lifted her head and met his gaze. Strong eyes through bushy brows and wrinkled features staring down at her.

"We don't know you too well yet, but the fact you went to all these lengths to bring Rosie here, not to mention get her off drugs, you already have our gratitude and appreciation."

"You also seem very sweet." Lily chimed in. "Way nicer than that cunt." She laughed, pointing at Phoebe.

"Oh bite me." Phoebe replied. Sticking her tongue out at the older woman. Who responded with her own.

"You guys are nice too." She smiled softly as she looked to each of them. "Really funny as well."

"We try to be." Owen chuckled. "Keeps us youthful."