155 ~ hello world

Roseanne woke from her slumber with a groan

Roseanne woke from her slumber with a groan. She hadn't slept well last night in the slightest. In fact, she had remained awake for most of it in pain. Lisa had woken several times to check on her, but she had ultimately told her to go back to sleep each time. She wasn't sure if Lisa did ever go back to sleep right away, or if she had watched her pace back and forth instead before doing so. Because that's all Roseanne really knew how to do, at the time.

Their baby girl just wasn't in a comfortable position, and would kick and jab and make Roseanne feel like she was swimming. She'd end up in the restroom a few times, then leaning against the wall beside their bed a few others. The pain was simply nothing she had experienced yet, and it just made her want to get this all over with that much sooner.

She put an arm behind her and used it to help push herself up off the bed. Sitting down and getting up being one of the hardest things to overcome these days. Lisa would often help her, but Lisa was currently downstairs banging pots and pans together as if she was playing the drums. Though she knew better, knowing how indecisive and messy Lisa was when it came to cooking.

After using the restroom, which was an uneventful struggle, she put her hands to the railing and began a slow walk down. Lisa must have heard her steps, or intense breathing, because she appeared from around the corner and immediately flashed her a worried expression.

"Hey, still not doing too good?"

She bit her lip, shaking her head and Lisa soon rushed to the bottom steps.

"Do you need help?"

She nodded frantically as another wave of pain hit her and she had to grip onto the railing to keep from falling over. Holding her belly with her other hand as Lisa ran up and held her.

That's when she felt it. Leaking.

And heard it. Water. Hitting the stone floor of their staircase and trickling down. Both down her legs, and the steps.

"R-Rosie?" Lisa whispered. "Is that..?"

"My water broke." She choked. "Oh my god... I've been in labor..."

She had never seen Lisa move so fast in her life. Her wife had carefully brought her down the stairs, then took off back up them. Ripping through their bedroom and nursery like a madwomen. Retrieving their previously prepared overnight bags, and a new one full of essentials they used often and knew they'd have to pack last minute.

She was practicing her breathing when Lisa past by and loaded a vehicle. Pulling it out of the garage and parking it in front of the house, where there were fewer steps and a clearer path to the SUV.

"You okay?" Lisa exhaled heavily as she looked her over. "Here, take my arm."

Roseanne did so, shuffling towards the door with Lisa, where her wife locked it behind them and continued guiding her to their SUV. She winced when having to step up into it, but then, just like magic, her contraction passed and she was able to relax more properly in the seat. Soaking in the time her baby wasn't wiggling, and her body wasn't dilating.