123 ~ proud of you

(Chae pov)

(Chae pov)

Her heart rate has definitely increased during these last twenty minutes of her final day of cheerleading tryouts.

Two days ago she was only made nervous by the rather large amount of girls trying out. But now? There was another reason.

You see, some people had changed their minds about cheerleading when they realized they couldn't touch their toes.

But the real reason why some girls had decided to drop tryouts, was due to what the coach had said to them yesterday, about their final day today.

"Tomorrow, we're going to see what you're all really made of." Coach had called. "I want to see your handsprings, flips, anything semi remarkable. And if I don't see them, well... you're not leaving until I do."

And now here they were, the last twenty minutes of tryouts, going one by one down the list and showing everyone what they could do.

And if it's not to the Coaches liking, then she's going to make sure you do something of her liking before you leave. One way, or another.

Her personality was like that.

And luckily for Jennie, she did do something to the coaches liking.

By doing a front handspring, but instead of landing on her feet, landing in the splits.

Making all of the onlookers widened their eyes. Afraid of the possible pain doing a split at that speed, height, and momentum, could cause.

But, Coach liked that.

"Park Chaeyoung?" The Coach called. Bringing her out of her thoughts. "You're next."

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath before opening them and walking forward. Jennie and Joy both wished her luck as she found her way towards the center of everyone's attention.

Her teeth bit down on her lips slightly as she wondered what on earth she was going to do.

Of course, the time she could have spent thinking about it, she spent recollecting instead.

Recollecting...

She glanced up to the bleachers where four girls sat comfortably in the top right corner. Seulgi, Wendy, Lisa, and Jisoo all watching on in support.

Her vision of them was a little blurry, since Lisa was holding onto her glasses for her, but she could still see Lisa's kind smile.

And that smile was the same one Lisa gave her after watching her do her tricks yesterday evening.

The coach tapped on her clipboard several times, pulling her away from Lisa's gaze.

"Ready Park?" The Coach questioned her. "Or do you have other things to do?"