1🔥Whisp and Vines

We don't live in a world of black and white.

Our world is full of hues of water colors from the sunset, the deep blue and glassy look of the ocean as it crashes along the shore, sparked with a tinge of the orange and red heat we named fire, and arrayed in the pinks, purples, browns, and greens the Earth grows.

The friendships we form glow with their own aura, these aura's some believe in and some don't. Either way, their colors display what two individual's relationship is like. Whether good or bad, we don't know, and sometimes we don't ever get to figure it out.

Once upon a time, elementals all worked together, not caring for their differences or jealous of what the others could do and what they lacked.

That is, until a fire elemental and a frost, otherwise water and ice, elemental touched. Their touch, their expression of love, killed them. Their abilities didn't mix when combined with meaningful touches and their love ended up being the end for both of them.

Ice and Fire don't mix? Well, that fact is obviously correct.

Though, when you're hopelessly in love the rules don't apply to you. It's like you're in your own world full of rules you created, or lack there of.

Academy Initia banned contact between frost and fire elementals after Akane Saito, fire elemental, and Kang Joonwae, frost elemental, died from making contact with each other. And by contact, they mean having sex with one another.

Fire and frost elementals can brush hands and not get hurt, they can poke the other without hurting one another, it's when touches get more meaningful that things become dangerous for both parties. A kiss can lead to a scorching burn, and a long hug can lead to never ending frost bite.

Instead of finding a permanent solution to the problem, they decided to split the two groups apart completely. No contact with one another whatsoever. They didn't want to risk losing more students to love or friendship or any type of affection.

You could say they'd much rather have the two groups resent each other.

And that's exactly what they caused.

<><><>

"In the earlier years when elementals were expressing their abilities more, it was difficult for parents to teach their children when they had no clue how to control the ability themselves...."

Hoseok's head lulled back as he listened to his History professor go on and on about things he frankly didn't care about. These people were dead already, why does it matter?

As his head finished its twirl, with his chin landing right back on his open palm, Hoseok tried his hardest to keep his eyes from shutting.

Across the room from him was one of his close friends, Kim SeokJin, he had a mischievous smile on his face as he shot a subtle wink towards Hoseok.

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, completely unaware of what his friend was about to do. That was until he felt something crawling up his leg, more like swirling around it until it crawled up his torso and landed right on his shoulder.

A whisp, something only certain elementals possessed. SeokJin had a fire whisp, a small candle like fire, in the exact same shape as a candle's flame. Jin could do whatever he wanted with it, though it does take tons of practice and concentration to control one of them. Since they always seemed to have a mind of their own.

Hoseok smiled, adding a bit more of his own heat to the little flame, making it glow a more redd-ish than orange.

Jin sent the whisp flying off Hoseok's shoulder and towards the corner of the room, where it glided across effortlessly. Others in the class began to notice, their gazes turning to Jin, who's eyes were burning orange. All fire elementals had natural red hair and orange eyes that looked like a literal flame was burning around their irises.