103 🔥May the evil spirit lay in vain

Akida had never run so fast in her life.

She knew she messed up when she killed Joonwae in front of Akane, she knew it was an unforgivable act when she had to see her daughter's body hanging lifelessly from a tree branch, but she had never expected Akane to want to kill her for it.

She could live with her daughter despising her.

Key word; live.

Akida turned to see if Akane was still following her, but bumped into something as she continued to run, her gaze tilting up frightfully towards what she had bumped into.

"Hi, mom, why so scared?" Akane inquired mockingly, tilting her head as she smirked, her eyes morphing into their fiery orange.

Akida took a deep breath as hers changed to their cloudy white.

~~~

It shouldn't have come as a surprise when Donghan went after Songhee.

Songhee stood her ground better than she thought she could.

Her eyes morphed into their oceanic blue as she created a wall of water, blocking Donghan's view as she froze an ice dagger and threw it right into his shoulder. Though she aimed for his neck.

He chuckled, melting the dagger, Songhee watched as the wound healed. She assumed he had some sort of magical thing on him, "You're a fiesty one."

"Your sister would know," she remarked while raising an eyebrow with sass, she spun her body and sent another rush of water towards the fire elemental, who was pushed back by the force.

Songhee just smirked, her gaze shifting towards her friends, it didn't take more than a millisecond for her to go and help them.

SeokJin expanded his whisp over a set of ice soldiers as he ran, Jungkook doing the same with his own, they both moved their hands down in a striking motion, causing their whisps to meet and slice through all the creatures at once.

Once it was done they ran back to each other, sharing a quick kiss before moving to do the same with more creatures.

They didn't have to hide it anymore.

A low rumble was heard, everyone ignoring it as they continued to fight, though the ones who did look would be met with the sight of Ilsung and NamJoon working together, both their eyes set into their viney green, Songhee and Wheein, both frost elementals, were beside them, their eyes set into their mesmerizing blue.

Suddenly, tons of rocks, herbs, and trees, came out of the ground or from the woods, Songhee and Wheein sending rushes of water towards it, making the dirt mud, and pushing it toward a hoard of the creatures.

It was a landslide.

When it actually worked and over half of the creatures were wiped out, they all sighed in relief, glad their plan worked. Jimin, keeping his promise, stood beside NamJoon, and he shared a tender kiss with the taller male afterward.

Jiwoo, who had remained above the whole 'battle', chuckled, obviously amused.

Her eyes morphed to black as she muttered latin under her breath, with a raise of her arms more of the creatures came rushing out of the earth, now with that black liquid on them and moving faster than they were before. She laughed at them now struggling under the new set of creatures, the witch creating shadow creatures without any elemental in them, which was harder to fend off.

She was more than glad she didn't see the Onee or Phoenix vessel within the mix.

~~~

Akida pushed her daughter away using her wind, she had high stamina, but so did Akane.

"Akane, please, I don't want to hurt you!" she pleaded, her eyes still cloudy white as she stuck her hand out.

Akane stood from where she had fallen, wiping her lips as she scoffed, "Hurt me?" she repeated, laughing afterward, "should've thought of that before you killed Joonwae-"

"He was just a boy!"

"He was my SOULMATE, mother!" Akane screamed, fire emitting from her scream and burning part of Akida's clothing, "You still don't understand that," her tone softened the slightest bit, tears forming in her light eyes, "I was in love with him, yet you ripped him away from me like it was nothing. Like I was just another person and not your daughter!"

Akane grabbed her mother as she shouted the words, Akida flinched but she couldn't move away from Akane since her daughter had put her in a choke hold. Akida's back was pressed against Akane's stomach, Akane's forearm pressing against her throat.

She maneuvered their bodies, Akida now watching what Akane had wanted her to see all along.

Victor was being held up by Donghan, the young fire elemental choking the life out of him. Victor was screaming out, begging for someone to help him, but no one could hear his pleas, because Jiwoo was creating a shield against his voice. Donghan just smirked, laughing even, he was burning him.

"A-akane!" Akida screamed, trying to fight her daughter's grip but it was way too strong, tears were gathering in her eyes, "he-he-he's innocent!" she yelled through the grip on her neck, she was scratching her daughters arm; trying to break away and help him.

Akane leaned in, right near her mothers ear, "Guess what?" Donghan burned straight through Victor's throat, the male's head and body now separated, "so was Joonwae."

Akane dropped her mother from the grip, Akida falling to the ground without a fight. Victor's head was inches away from his body, turned to face Akida almost mockingly, his lifeless eyes boring into her in a silent, final, plea. Donghan walked away, nodding towards his mother before running off to fight some more. Akida may have never showed it, she may have blocked herself away from the emotion, but she'd be lying if she said she didn't love Victor, or if this didn't stab her right in the heart.

"Hurts doesn't it?" Akane inquired, walking around her mother with a fire sword forming in her hand, "to watch the one you love die in front of you, when you can't do anything to stop it?"

Akida scowled, her jaw clenched, "How'd you even know?" she asked, her voice quavering, she wanted to sob.

Akane chuckled, she pointed up at Jiwoo, "Her shadows have been watching you for days, she knew about Victor and I know you mother. The pushing him away, pretending you didn't care, is your sick way of telling someone you love them." she informed, she hated her mother, but that didn't take away the fact she once loved the woman with every ounce of her being.

Akida just scoffed, shaking her head, "Kill me," she muttered, her sharp gaze meeting her daughters, "Do it, Akane! Kill me! I didn't raise you to be weak! You've always-" she stood as she screamed, not expecting, yet tensing when she saw Akane move, the fire sword the woman was creating stab through her. It was still forming inside of her, which burned her from the inside as it stabbed through her.

"Glady," Akane said, staring into her mothers eyes as they slowly drained from life, "Frustra autem requiem spiritui inmundo (may the evil spirit lay in vain)."

She tormented her mother by making her feel helpless, she let her watch as her own grandson killed the man she tried to convince herself she didn't love; just so she could feel what Akane did that day.

Hayoon watched the whole thing from the side lines, not daring to move a muscle in fear to miss it. She watched as Akane fell to the ground after Akida was already dead, her skin pruning, turning grey under the sun, her hair dulling rapidly.

The fault about being resurrected by black magik was, once you fulfilled your purpose for coming back, you die almost immediately after.

Hayoon ran to her mother, Donghan doing the same, though only one of them was crying.

"I love you," Akane told them, smiling as she died slowly, unable to stop it and not fighting it even if she could, "for Joonwae." she muttered before taking her final breath, Hayoon's tears falling down her cheeks as she said goodbye to her mom; Donghan just watching while keeping his own in.

Jiwoo just watched from the sidelines, subtly smirking as Akane drew her last breath.