30 ❆ "... I understand."

The nerves moving through Hoseok's body felt like small shards of glass scrapping his skin as his blood moved through his body.

Nervous could never describe how Hoseok was currently feeling, at least, not to the full extent.

As he moved up to the steps of the roof top he has become awfully familiar with, his heart beats in his chest like a marching band, demanding attention and growing louder and louder with every passing moment.

He knew Yoongi would be waiting for him, in all his attractive beauty, probably offering him a soft smile to calm the nerves he knew Hoseok had.

They've been gathering three days worth of information, every day learning more and more about what the academy didn't want them to know. Each day, they would avoid their friends to go to the library, where they would meet on the third floor and begin their hunt for answers. Completely avoiding their librarian every time they went.

Akane and Joonwae's relationship was no secret, the two displayed their affection for everyone to see without a care in the world. They attended the mystic ball together, both dressed up in gorgeous clothing and there were pictures of them all over the year book and newspaper; they were the it couple. So, back then, it wasn't forbidden for frost and fire to touch and go near each other.

Which meant the academy had to be lying about the fact they couldn't in the first place.

Another thing was the fact Joonwae and Akane's funerals were closed caskets, which left the wonderment of whether the bodies were even their in the first place. Who knows, someone could have hid them.

Yoongi and Hoseok knew for a fact that Akane and Joonwae didn't die from having sex, that didn't make any sense whatsoever. There had to be elementals, fire and frost, that had sex before so how did they die from it?

Of course, Hoseok and Yoongi were both going off of educated guesses. For all they know, their could be perfectly logical reasons for why things were set up the way they were, or why the information was hidden from them in the first place, though for now they were going to stick to their guts.

On this very day, where the clouds were covering the sun and the school was extra quiet, Hoseok and Yoongi were going to perform their first test.

"For a second I thought that you chickened out," Yoongi commented as Hoseok closed the door to the roof, he looked at Yoongi and smiled nervously.

Yoongi started at him with clear empathy, "Hoseok, we're going to be okay."

"How do you know that for sure?" Hoseok inquired, wrapping his arms around himself in a protective manner and pouting.

Yoongi sighed, moving near where Hoseok was, "If you want to leave, you can-"

"I'm not saying that!" Hoseok quickly interrupted, his hands flying out from his sides, "I'm just scared, Yoon, what if something happens?"

"Nothing will."

"How do you know?"

"Call it a gut feeling," Yoongi replied, looking up at the gray sky as he sighed.

The tug Hoseok and Yoongi usually felt has only grown stronger through out their time of being near each other, as if a chain was connected to both of them and would try to yank them closer everytime they the other was near by.

With them being together often, it only made the pain of it worse.

The two haven't really spoken out about it, afraid that they'd sound crazy if the other didn't feel the same thing.

Which was part of the reason Yoongi wanted to get on with touching Hoseok, not only because he likes the fire elemental a lot, but because he wants the pain of the tug to diminish or go away. The tug is another reason why Yoongi believed nothing was going to happen if they held hands, because if something would happen, if there was a risk of them getting hurt, then why on Earth would this tug exist between them?

The universe wasn't stupid and Yoongi wasn't going to try and question it's intentions.

"Hoseok," Yoongi called softly, Hoseok deep in his own thoughts, "Seokie," he called again, Hoseok finally looking at him, "if you don't want to do this I understand." Yoongi would never force Hoseok to do something he was uncomfortable with or hell bent on not doing in the first place.

Hoseok stared at Yoongi, the warm brown of his eyes, the soft white of his hair, the crevices of his perfect features, and the small jutting of Yoongi's bottom lip as he looked at Hoseok with love and empathy. Hoseok wasn't naive, he knew that look in Yoongi's eyes, because it is the same one Hoseok gets in his own whenever he thinks of the frost elemental.

They were in this together, Hoseok trusted Yoongi, and he wasn't going to chicken out now when he has every reason to continue. Yoongi wouldn't hurt him and it's the same vice versa.

"I do," Hoseok assured, fixing his posture and nodding at Yoongi, "let's test this bitch."

Yoongi chuckled softly, his own anxiety now bubbling upon within him like a pot of water on a stove. He's been strong for Hoseok, being the confident one when it comes this risk they're taking, though that didn't mean he didn't have his own fears and anxieties he just knew how to not listen to them.

They both approached each other slowly, able to feel the tug within them relent bit by bit with every nervous step they took. Finally, they were close enough to feel each others presence, Hoseok's warmth mixing with Yoongi's cold.

Opposites attract and it's like the whole world seemed to forget that.

Yoongi raised both his hands, Hoseok tentatively placing his own up in front of Yoongi's.

With a deep breath from both of them, they placed their hands against each other.

Before they waited a couple seconds and interlocked their hands.

a/n
Oop-