8 ❆ Fire Elementals and Eye Contact

The tension in the air was so thick that the sharpest knife wouldn't even be able to cut through it.

Fire and frost were kept on opposite ends of the training room, they were using the biggest one in the academy for good reason. They needed to keep the two groups as far from each other as possible, because right now the looks they were throwing at each other scared Fera and Victor.

It was like peace and war were hanging above the room, the two playing rock, paper, scissors to decide how this whole interaction was going to go. And at the moment it seemed like war had peace against the wall with two out of three.

"You know what we'll be doing today, since you've already done it with wind and earth," Fera began, her hair a deep orange with with tinges of black (that looked blue in the sun) to show the type of fire she wielded; blue fire. "First, either group will show their capabilities, having one person go at a time and making sure to keep their respected distance from each other."

"I know this isn't going to be easy, since you guys can't make physical contact with each other," Victor assured the students by telling them he and Fera understood this wasn't going to be simple, "but that doesn't make us powerless, trust we'll figure something out."

A few murmurs were heard, some students nodding their heads.

"SeokJin," Fera called out, said male stepping up to the front of the group, Fera gesturing for him to come a little closer, "would you be a dear and show your whisp?" she inquired, Jin nodding as Fera walked away from him and left him in the middle.

Jin moved his fingers in a rhythmic manner, his whisp floating a few millimeters above his fingers, Jin's eyes ablaze.

A few snickers were heard, Jungkook going as far as taunting, "Is that supposed to scare us?"

SeokJin's gaze met Jungkook's, his flame filled orange eyes looking into Jungkook's cool ones; Jin smirked, "A bit, yeah."

The whisp rocketed around the room at lightening speed, scaring the frost elementals since they thought it was going to touch them. They saw it again when Jin set it right above them, floating near the roof, he opened his palm and when he did the whisp expanded to the point it covered the entire ceiling. Just as quickly he closed his palm and brought the whisp back to his fingers, he began moving his other hand over the one holding the whisp.

The whisp grew and grew, moving in a tornado like fashion. SeokJin turned towards the fire elementals, who were already aware of what he was going to do and moved out of the way, and threw his hands out. The arc burned the plants near by instantly, and left a black mark on the wall, the whisp now looked more like an explosive flame then a small candle like one.

"Enough, Jin," Fera stated, Jin closed his fist, the fire dissipating and the whisp back on his palm when he opened it again.

Seokjin threw Jungkook one last smirk before his eyes went back to their normal brown and he walked back to the group.

"Whisps are something only certain elementals are blessed with, Jin is one of them and has practiced his whole life learning ways to use and control it. That was only a fraction of what he can do with it," Fera commented, the others nodding, "now I want Hoseok to show you a fire wall."

Hoseok, who wasn't expecting this, gaped at Fera, "Huh?"

"You heard me, Hoseok you're the best with it, c'mon," Fera encouraged, though her eyes screamed at Hoseok that if he doesn't do it she'll personally burn his hair to ash.

Reluctantly, Hoseok trudged to the front of the group, he had a serious expression on his face. With a deep breath, he created a line of fire on the ground that stretched from one end of the room and extended to the other.  With his eyes their flaming orange and hands showing bits of fire around them, he clenched both fists and raised his arms up; as if he was lifting invisible weights.

The frost elementals watched in both horror and awe as a wall of flaming heat was in front of them, flaring near them but not close enough to hurt.

Fera walked through the flaming wall with ease, causing some peoples eyes to widen, "This type of fire doesn't hurt us fire elementals, it's blue fire that hurts us since not all of us wield it. It's the fire those things were made out of." she paused, waiting for everyone to process her words before she smiled, "I welcome one of you to freeze it."

From the other side of the wall, Hoseok's eyes widened, he didn't sign up for this shit.

"Yoongi," Victor called, staring at the frost elemental who was near Jungkook, "you're one of my best ice specialists, go."

Yoongi sighed, walking out to the front of the group without protest. Through the wall of fire Hoseok and Yoongi made eye contact, Hoseok's orange eyes staring into Yoongi's morphing blue ones, that invisible tug between them pulling stronger than before,  their eyes wouldn't tear away from each other.

The frost elemental made the same line Hoseok did, just his of ice, with motions like Hoseok's he raised ice starting from the bottom. Fluidly he froze the wall, Yoongi surprised at how easy it was. That was until he caught on to what Hoseok was doing.

Hoseok waited until Yoongi was almost at the top, that's when he sent a wave of fire through the wall, burning all the ice Yoongi just created. The wall moved in a wave like manner, but didn't waver in its expanse.

Yoongi was impressed.

Hoseok let the wall go, the fire moving in a way that looked like it was going back into Hoseok's body. Once it was down Hoseok and Yoongi looked at each other again, their eyes going back to brown.

Though that invisible tug the two felt between them didn't relent for a second.

a/n

Feramarshalle of the fire elementals, can wield blue fire

Fera
marshalle of the fire elementals, can wield blue fire

Victormarshalle of the Ice elementals, can wield pure ice (yes, it's Yuta from NCT127)

Victor
marshalle of the Ice elementals, can wield pure ice
(yes, it's Yuta from NCT127)