102 ❆ "...revenge."

"In a fight you two had she pointed out how you'd rather protect the Academy more than her," Songhee reasoned, sitting in front of the Chancellor, "that's probably why she's not just going after you." Yang nodded at her words, her head leaning against her palm.

High alert wasn't even the expression to use when it came to how ready the students and Academy was overall.

Yang had just made an announcement, she pushed it around with her wind ability instead of calling everyone into one room all together. In it, she said how the fire and frost rumor wasn't true and that frost and fire elementals could make any type of contact they desired, she had said the reason she didn't say anything was because she feared something happening since she had no experience with it, a clear lie, and she didn't mention Akane nor Joonwae. Akida also said how witches exist and a witch is the one causing the shadows and everything, she advised them on working together even more than they usually did.

More than half of the students had a headache from all the information, fire and frost elementals tentatively pressing their hands against each other or hugging to try it.

NamJoon, Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi, SeokJin, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Songhee, were being asked a lot of questions. Like, "did they know?" "how did they know?" and shit like that.

Hoseok and Yoongi admitted to experimenting and said that they knew but if they said anything no one would really believe them.

SeokJin and Jungkook feigned confusion.

NamJoon just stuck with the hunch theory.

Songhee said she didn't know shit.

The others were let off the hook with a simple, "No."

Yoongi's warning was at 1 in the afternoon, the gang talked to Akida at around 2:30 in the afternoon, Akida went to go see Malchin at 4 pm and she got there at 9 pm thanks to her wind ability helping her move faster (cutting the trip from 7 hours to 5), she got back to the Academy at around 2 in the morning, the council members and Malchin got there at 4 am and Akida made her announcement at 4:30 am.

As of now, it was 5 o'clock in the morning and no elemental student could get proper sleep with all the nerves dancing in their veins.

Songhee was in the office with Akida, since the female wanted to know more of what she knew, because she was well aware of Songhee's ability to get memory from water.

Everyone else was in their groups Fera had assigned the last fight, NamJoon telling Akida to warn everyone about the fact the shadows thrive under the sun's light so the witch may wait until the sun was already up or in the process of rising.

Which was happening, the sun was rising, and all of them just became more and more nervous.

No matter how many fights they've had, no matter how many times they've encountered these soldiers, these shadows, these creatures, it didn't numb down the pure anxiety they got whenever a fight was seconds away from hitting them.

Hoseok and Yoongi were no where to be found, of course, the guys knew where they were, but they hadn't come out since they got that book from Akida. They were still in that library, reading to their hearts content and doing whatever to better prepare themselves, the others just left them alone.

Namjoon was shaking his head, Jimin pouting, "Joonie, I'm going to be okay, I'm not going to leave your side throughout the fight and when I feel weak I'll tell you."

"Like you stayed near me in the forest? Like you did when pulling the wind rope-"

Jimin interrupted NamJoon by placing his lips softly against his, pulling his boyfriend lower by the grip he had on the elder's collar. Once they pulled away, Jimin assured, "I promise."

NamJoon, with doubt still lingering on his shoulder, just nodded. He'd make sure to keep an eye on Jimin throughout the whole thing.

That eye landing on Jimin when they saw shadows creeping along the wall behind them, when they felt them move under their feet, goosebumps their new set of armor as they watched the things skid along the wall.

SeokJin hit them all with his whisp, making them dissipate instantly as his boyfriends stood behind him, Jungkook holding Taehyung's hand as Taehyung held on to SeokJin's shoulder. The shadow weren't hurting them, they were almost taunting.

They were leading them somewhere.

And they followed them.

The students all migrated outside, slowly but surely, some hesitating while others just straight up followed them. Akida, Malchin, and the council members with them. They knew it'd be easier to fight outside and they would end up on the front field one way or another, so what was the point of avoiding the inevitable?

Their feet pressed against the grass, their eyes settling on the field they've grown so used to fighting on. The familiar feeling of morning invaded their senses, the sun rising and taking it's rightful place in the sky, the smell of wet grass and flowers, the feeling of the soft breeze hitting their goosebump covered skin, the sound of the birds singing their song of the day, and the bitter taste of anxiety on their tongues.

Though the familiarity of morning didn't comfort them in the slightest when they saw what was in front of them.

Soldiers were laid in their groups, frost, earth, fire, wind, and above them were the perpetrators of these attacks, of all these deaths.

Hayoon floated above the frost soldiers, Yeonie above the Earth ones, Donghan atop the fire ones, and Riko keeping them all up while floating over the wind ones. Jiwoo and Akane were in the middle, malice written on every crevice of their features.

They didn't expect them to actually be there fighting along side their abominations.

Malchin and Akida stared at their daughter with an unreadable expression. With an expression that couldn't be described with one word alone. They were surprised, they were hurt, but overall, they were regretful. The tears in their eyes proved that enough.

"18 long years since i've been near this Academy," Akane spoke, all of them surprised by her voice since they'd never heard it before.

Before now, Akane was just a story, a rumor, a way to keep frost and fire apart; but here she was, in front of them.

"the last time I was actually inside was when I watched Yang Akida, my mother, kill Kang Joonwae, my lover, my soulmate, and the father of my children, Donghan and Hayoon," gasps were clearly heard within the sea of students, murmurs spreading like wild fire, and gazes being shifted towards Akida.

Akane smirked, her orange hair flowing beside her as if she were underwater, "she'd rather protect the Academy than ever protect me, she proved that much by killing Joonwae because of some prophecy she decided was more important than the happiness of her own daughter. Sad I know, what hurts even more is the fact I killed myself after, the pain too much to bare," they listened, entranced by the true story, almost forgetting about the creatures that could kill them within seconds, "but I wasn't left to rest."

Her gaze shifted down to her father, who swallowed down the lump in his throat as he held her gaze, "Malchin, my dearest father, couldn't let me rest in peace, he brought me back using black magik. I didn't know whether I should've thanked him or screamed, but then I realized, my return gave me a chance at what i've always wanted," her eyes snapped back to Akida, going into their fiery orange as the fire creatures below her stirred, like they were waking up from a standing slumber, "revenge."

That final word was almost like a trigger, the creatures surging forward and after the students, all of them breaking out of their trances and fighting.

Akane went straight for her mother.

a/n
i love how dangerous woman started playing as I was writing Akane's little shpeel.

DOUBLE UPDATE