105 ☾ "I'll be Chancellor."

Chancellor Yang was dead.

Akane was dead.

Victor was dead.

Hoseok and Yoongi have been knocked out for 2 days.

Many students lost their lives during that battle, though not as many as the first one.

Hayoon, Donghan, and Jeongyeon were gone.

More than half the Academy was either confused or just shocked into a numb state.

Initia was silent.

No one made obnoxious noises, no one talked too loud, everyone just spoke in a hushed whisper, as if their voice could destroy the calm that had been circling the Academy since that day.

Malchin hadn't left since that day, he was not only mourning the death of his daughter, but also his ex-wife.

Akida wasn't perfect, she was far, far, away from that word and everyone knew that. But she was human, she had feelings, and she died knowing there was no one who truly loved her. Hell, she died at the hands of her own flesh and blood. No one is saying it wasn't her fault, but that didn't mean she'd have to rest unmourned.

He was in her office, he couldn't leave, because he not only had to act as the leader of Aesthete, the President, but also Chancellor until he found a replacement for Akida.

And he knew the perfect person to obtain the position.

Fera walked into the office, in a simple shirt and some pants with her boots, she wasn't in the mood for anything.

Victor wasn't a great person, but Fera had known him since they were eighteen years old, they were friends for over 10 years. His death hurt her no matter how much she didn't want to admit it did, because he had been there for her in her first days of becoming a marshalle, he was there for her before he started messing with Akida; which resulted in his death.

Malchin calling her into Akida's old office wasn't where she wanted to be, she was going to go see Yoongi and Hoseok in the infirmary until one of the guards stopped her and told her Malchin wanted to see her.

"What is it, Malchin?" she inquired, not caring how disrespectful she may have sounded, she took a seat on the chair with a huff, "I have people to see, so please make this quick." she advised, her pointer finger and middle finger resting on her temple as she leaned into it.

Malchin, who was sitting in Akida's old chair, nodded, "Okay, I'll get straight to the point then," he leaned his elbows against the table, staring at the female in front of him, "Fera Carling, I want you to be Chancellor of Academy Initia."

Fera's expression went from annoyed to shocked in records time, her arm falling from where it was holding her head and now resting on her lap as she just sat there.

Her? Chancellor?

In what world-

"Why?" is all that could escape Fera's mushed mind, it's the only word she could process clearly.

Malchin chuckled, leaning back in the seat, "The care you show for your fire elementals is exemplify, you love them and care for them as if they were all your own. Even ones that aren't your fire elementals, the care you've shown with Kim NamJoon, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook, Min Yoongi, and Kang Songhee is something others can look up too. You are trustworthy, and do what's moral instead of what will make you look good. I couldn't think of anyone better for the position." he explained, Fera's cheeks turning a dark shade of crimson at the compliments she wasn't used to recieving.