3🔥Listening and Connections

"A fucking warning yet she doesn't want to cancel the ball? You've got to be fucking kidding me!" Jimin whisper-yelled at NamJoon, the two with Yoongi in the library since Namjoon said he wanted to talk to the both of them.

He was telling them about how Chancellor Yang wasn't heading Namjoon's warning and just decided to continue with the ball, only saying that the reason NamJoon's ability did what it did was because something else triggered it. Not that it was a warning or some kind of sign.

Namjoon scoffed at her pitiful excuse to not follow what a student was saying.

Every year they have this sort of ball, there are 5 in total, the other 4 more or less parties for the specific groups of elementals. The fifth one was a formal ball, where all the elementals attended to have a grand old time together, they called it Mystic Ball since Chancellor Yang felt the name was fitting.

For Mystic everyone was supposed to dress up, all elementals went but frost and fire had to be sure not to get too close to each other. They could brush past, but nothing more than that or something bad could happen to either.

If something were to ever happen, the ball would just be re-scheduled. It was an event that had to happen every year, for reasons the marshalle's and Chancellor would never reveal.

And the students didn't really care enough to pry.

"I don't know why she won't listen! I even said to put more guards on the outer sections of the school, and she literally laughed in my face!" NamJoon exclaimed, earning a gaping Jimin and raised eyebrow Yoongi in return.

Yoongi shook his head as he thought, "I don't understand why she wouldn't take it seriously, this could potentially affect our homes too and not just the academy. Has she even told Mal-chin?"

MalChin was the president, you could say, of Aesthete. And if anything bad were to happen to the academy he'd be the first to know about it, yet NamJoon, Yoongi, and Jimin could bet money that Chancellor Yang hasn't told him about what happened.

Also, everybody and their momma knows Chancellor Yang and MalChin had a thing at one point.

"NamJoon, what do you think this warning entails? Like what..." Jimin quieted his own voice as he stared at the two people who had just walked into the library and in their direction.

Kim SeokJin raised an eyebrow in the crews direction, his long legs guiding him over to the three boys who now looked down at the table suspiciously. Hoseok, who entered the library with SeokJin, was just as confused as his fellow red haired friend.

"H-hi, Jinnie!" Jimin chirped, smiling a little too wide for Jin's liking.

The side of Jin's lip threatened to quirk into a smile, "What's going on? Why are you and Joon looking at me like I turned ugly?"

At that Hoseok, Yoongi, NamJoon, and Jimin laughed.

Everyone knew about SeokJin, for his whisp and his beauty. He was a respected member of the fire elemental group. Jin's good friends with NamJoon, Jimin, and Taehyung, much like Hoseok is. He's only heard of Yoongi, and don't even get him started on Jeon Jungkook.

NamJoon responded this time, "We were just talking about something-"

"About what?"

"Something."

Jin glared at his friend, opening his mouth once more, "NamJoon I will use my whisp to burn your dick, do not test my patience."

Jimin gasped, "You can't do that! I'll mess up your hair then!"

Jin's eyes widened as his hands flew up to his red hair, "You wouldn't."

As the three bickered, Yoongi's gaze shifted to Jin's friend. He didn't know his name, more or less didn't remember, since Yoongi didn't mingle with fire elementals. For good reason.

He had red hair, parted down the middle and swooped to the side, showing his forehead. His lips were neutral, though Yoongi couldn't help but notice the fact they were shaped like a heart and he had a faint mole on the top left of his upper lip. His eyes reminded Yoongi of bambi, especially for how innocent they made him seem. His nose was long and fit his face well, his skin was tan and-

They made direct eye-contact.

Hoseok's dark brown eyes meeting Yoongi's.

Something within the two moved, Yoongi felt a surge from within his chest so strong it made his hand fly to his chest with a strangled gasp escaping his lips. Hoseok feeling that same sort of pull, the red head almost stumbling forward if he didn't catch his balance in time.

What the fuck was that?

The two looked at each other again but they both looked away just as fast, Hoseok turning around completely.

Good thing he did, he tapped Jin on one of his broad shoulders to catch his attention, "What is it, Hoseok?" Jin snapped, Yoongi now having a name to put to the face.

Hoseok, not trusting his voice at the moment, tilted his head towards the entrance of the library. SeokJin's eyes following his gaze.

Jin's jaw clenched when he saw who was coming towards them. He looked at Jimin, then NamJoon, bowing his head towards Yoongi briefly, "You two better tell me what you were talking about, i'll be taking my leave."

NamJoon and Jimin nodded.

With that both Hoseok and SeokJin left to the stairs of the library, probably needing something on the upper section.

As they walked up the spiral staircase, Hoseok looked at Yoongi, already knowing his name since Yoongi was as well known as SeokJin, wondering why in the hell his chest seemed to want to explode the moment their eyes met.

Yoongi felt the stare, but didn't bother turning around, he only kept his gaze on Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. The two coming to the library so NamJoon could tell them what he just told Jimin and Yoongi.

Though Yoongi's mind was in other places as NamJoon re-told what he said to them.

Much like how Hoseok couldn't even listen to what Seokjin was saying at the upper level.

a/n
Small interaction between the soon-to-be love birds :)