10 ❆ Arguments and Butterflies

MalChin followed Chancellor Yang into her office, he was hot on her heels even though she was obviously trying to get rid of him.

"What do you want, Malchin?!" she exclaimed once she shut the door to her office, she glared at the man in front of her.

Malchin, equally as annoyed, bursted out, "What do you mean 'What do I want'? Creatures have attacked the school yet you are so calm about it-"

"Because freaking out will do nothing," Chancellor Yang interrupted him, moving around her flowy white dress and taking a seat behind her desk, "what, you want me to jump around and start screaming?"

"No," Malchin grumbled, "but I want you to actually do some-"

"I am," she interrupted him once more, her hands over her lap as she stared at him, "the students have been working together for the last 2 weeks, learning how to combine abilities to stand a fighting chance against whatever those things were; incase they ever choose to attack again. It's proved useful, though frost and fire still have some things to work-"

Malchin rolled his eyes, "Send them home, Yang!" he yelled, his eyes morphing to orange briefly before going back to brown, "They shouldn't stay in this damn academy if they're in danger! You're literally-"

"No," Yang stated firmly, "I am not sending them home-"

"So you'd rather they die here? You already lost 15 students-"

"Which, my respect to the families, is nothing compared to the thousands that still survived-"

Malchin scowled, leaning closer while gripping the wood on the chair he was sitting on unnecessarily hard, "Those kids lost their lives, Akida!" he shouted, Chancellor Yang unfazed, "Families lost their fucking kids and you're sitting here acting like it isn't a big deal!"

Akida, otherwise known as Chancellor Yang,  took a deep breath, "Okay, Malchin, lets say we send them home, right? To their respected areas where they are full of people who wield the same element-" she adjusted herself in her chair, now staring daggers into the man in front of her, "Those things go after people who have the same element, how the fuck do you expect them to fight back? Not only do you put the students in more danger, but their families too!" she screamed.

Malchin stayed silent.

"If those creatures invade the cities or towns, you present a massacre, because they can't fight element on element when the nearest city with different elementals is miles away," she said, now a bit calmer, "here, there are all different elementals which gives them a fighting chance; given those things are after the children and our theory is correct."

MalChin threaded his fingers through his hair, "I guess so."

Akida stood from her chair, "Now, you've already warned the population of those things, they know as much as we do. Now get out of my academy and stop telling me how to do my job." with that she walked out of her office, slamming the door as she went.

Malchin burned the near by plant in her office before leaving with a string of curses leaving his mouth.

<><><>

Fera glared at all the students, her hair, quite literally, on fire from how angry she was, "WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU GROW UP AND LEARN TO GET ALONG?!" she screamed, having reached her limit.

It's been 2 weeks since they've started the combining classes, and only some fire and frost elementals were mature enough to look past their differences and actually try to get along and work together despite not being able to make contact with each other. While the rest were being brats and refused to do anything with each other, which meant as far as they wouldn't even look at each other.

Fera, unlike Victor, reached her limit.

Kind of proves the point fire elementals have short tempers, but we're not going to focus on that.

"In our defense," a frost elemental, Wheein, began, "we've never really spoken to each other and now everyone expects us to get along."

Fera's gaze turned to her, the frost elemental instantly looked down to avoid her intense glare, "That's no excuse anymore! Some of you have learned to get the fuck ALONG!"

She walked over to Hoseok, "HIM AND MIN YOONGI ARE GETTING ALONG JUST FINE!" she yelled.

Hoseok and Yoongi's stares met, Hoseok winking in Yoongi's direction, which the elder of the two responded with by sticking his tongue out at Hoseok.

Though the two couldn't physically make contact with one another, they've already hit it off pretty well. Everyday they find themselves talking to each other because they actually enjoy the others company, Hoseok going as far as confessing if he could touch Yoongi he'd hug the living hell out of him.

Thankfully, because of the whole combining thing, the two elements were allowed to be friends; but nothing more and they still had to keep their distance. They also couldn't go into each other's respected sections (like the dining and sleeping corridor sections).

Yoongi smiled at the memory of Hoseok saying that, especially the hue of pink that covered Hoseok's cheeks after he said it.

"JOOHEON AND CHANGKYUN GET ALONG!" Fera continued listing off people who were getting along perfectly fine and actually putting an effort in what the marshalles are trying to do. "BUT SOME OF YOU-" she looked at Seokjin then at Jungkook, "ARE MAKING IT HARDER THAN IT HAS TO BE!"

Victor stifled his laughter, what Fera was saying was the truth so he wasn't going to try and stop her.

With a deep breath, Fera's hair stopped burning and her eyes went back to normal, "Now," her voice was deadly calm, which scared every elemental in the room, "if you don't want me to shove the ones who are making this harder, with your respected distances, in a room, then start fucking trying." with that last note she walked back to where Victor was, the two talking.

Hoseok walked over to Yoongi, keeping his respected distance.

Sometimes he wished he didn't have too.

"How do you guys deal with her all the time?" Yoongi inquired, looking at the fire elemental.

Hoseok chuckled, "We don't even know, she's usually not that hot-headed."

"That's hard to believe," Yoongi muttered, which had Hoseok laughing harder this time.

Yoongi looked over at him, a fond smile over-taking his features. The tug the two felt always felt stronger when they were far from each other, but when they were a bit closer it would calm down.

Only to be replaced by the dangerous butterflies swarming through Yoongi's stomach everytime Hoseok looked at him.

a/n
👁️-👁️