106 ❆ "Hey, Taehyungie, are you okay?"

The beating of his heart.

The abyss that laid under his eye-lids.

The soft thrumming of voices floating around beside him.

The constricting of his chest, the breath being ripped out of his lungs.

Sweat coating his skin like a blanket.

The feeling of his head being dunked underwater over and over, preventing him from breathing.

Hoseok shot up from the bed, his chest heaving, and his brain telling him to breathe as much as possible; he was swallowing the air around him as if it was the only thing that his body craved.

Jimin and NamJoon, who had been in the room, ran up to him, Jimin shouting, "Hoseok! Hoseok Hyung you're okay, calm down!"

Hoseok looked between them frantically, Namjoon holding his shoulders to keep Hoseok from sprinting off the bed and out the door. The fire elemental's breath slowed down gradually, his eyes shifting towards the room, he was examining it, "What happened?" he finally asked after completely calming down, allowing NamJoon to push him down on the bed.

Jimin brought extra pillows so Hoseok could sit up instead of laying down, the fire elemental thanking him with a small smile. Cashel came into the room before the two began explaining everything that happened that day.

"Hoseok, how are you feeling?" Cashel asked, standing near the bed but not too close.

Hoseok shrugged, hissing when he felt one of his arms sting, "Um- fine? I guess, jittery."

Cashel nodded, "Can you feel your right arm?" he watched as Hoseok tried to move the arm, but hissed in pain each time.

"It feels like there are needles going through my arm everytime I try," he explained with worry in his eyes, though Cashel sighed in relief and smiled slightly.

That meant Hoseok would eventually get feeling back in that arm and that Cashel didn't have to go through the process of amputating it. He was extremely thankful for that.

Before Cashel went back to his office he gave Hoseok an herb that would calm his racing nerves down. Hoseok also thanked him for that before he turned to look at the side where other beds should have been, though all he saw was a white curtain.

"Where's Yoongi?" he inquired while turning his head to face the couple, NamJoon and Jimin sharing a glance before sighing.

NamJoon stood and pulled the curtain open, which separated Yoongi and Hoseok's beds.

Hoseok stopped breathing when he saw Yoongi.

His boyfriend had a burn from his left wrist to the juncture where his shoulder and neck met. It seemed like it was healing, but that didn't stop Hoseok from imagining how awful it must have looked when it happened, or how painful it must have been to experience.

He caused that?

"What happened to him?" Hoseok almost yelled, his gaze snapping back to the couple in front of him.

"Hoseokie, calm down first," Jimin advised, sitting back down on the bed.

Hoseok scoffed, throwing his good arm out in an agitated manner, "You want to me to calm down when my boyfriend has a huge ass burn scar on his body, which was probably my fault, and on top of that he's knocked the fuck out?! How do you want me to stay calm, Jimin?"

NamJoon shook his head softly, placing his hand on Hoseok's, "You need to if you want us to tell you what happened, you and Yoongi have been unconscious for almost 4 days."