33🔥 "alone."

SeokJin glared at his best friend, Hoseok sitting on his bed like a defeated puppy.

Lately he's been very secretive, which is unlike him, and god knows Hoseok isn't a good liar unless it comes to a dire situation. So, when SeokJin began questioning him on what he's been doing, it didn't take long for him to start stuttering over his words as he attempted to lie.

Jin isn't dumb and it wasn't hard for him to notice Hoseok's odd behavior, especially when they were alone together.

His suspicion causing him to question Hoseok, this causing Hoseok to act even more dubious.

"What has been up with you lately?" SeokJin asked, glaring at his best friend even though he tried his best not to; though he couldn't help it.

Hoseok rubbed his arms, a nervous habit of his, as he tried to avoid Jin's gaze, "W-what do you m-mean?-"

"Jung Hoseok," SeokJin's tone became stern, which only made Hoseok even more nervous, "I can see right through you, so I don't understand why you're trying to lie to me, aren't best friends supposed to tell each other the truth?"

Hoseok looked down at his feet, a small pout forming on his heart shaped lips. He wasn't necassarily lying to SeokJin, it's just he wasn't telling him the entire truth. Hoseok doesn't know how he'd tell Jin he's been testing if the fire and frost thing is really true without Jin exploding from anger or worry.

He knows Yoongi wouldn't mind Hoseok telling Jin, since Songhee knows, it's just Hoseok is afraid of Jin's reaction.

"Hoseok," Jin crouched down in front of his bestfriend, taking his hands into his own and looking into his sad eyes, "you know you can tell me anything, right?"

Hoseok nodded, taking a deep breath, "You have to promise me you won't get mad."

Jin raised an eyebrow, letting Hoseoks hands go, "I already don't like the sound of this."

A small laugh escaped Hoseok's mouth, "Jinnie, Yoongi and I-"

"Min Yoongi, as in the frost elemental, what have you been-"

"Let me explain, SeokJin," Hoseok interrupted, Jin glaring at him before making the gesture of zipping his mouth shut and giving Hoseok the key. Hoseok smiled a bit, though that faltered as he began explaining everything to Jin.

Jin's expression varied as he listened to Hoseok explain why he's been acting the way he has. Jin's eyes widened into saucers when Hoseok talked about he and Yoongi holding hands.

"YOU WHAT-"

"Ah, ah, ah," Hoseok stared at Jin, raising an imaginary key in the air, "I have the key, so zip it."

Jin huffed, though stayed quiet while crossing his arms over his chest in a cute manner; a pout subtly forming on his plump lips.

"Nothing happened, Jinnie, i'm perfectly fine and we did it like a day and a half ago. Which further proves how the academy has been lying, like I said with all the Akane and Joonwae stuff-"

Jin began raising his hand desperatly, obviously trying to get Hoseok to "unzip" his mouth. With a sigh, Hoseok did just that, unfazed because this was their friendship.

And he wouldn't trade it for the world.

"How far do you plan on going, Seok?" Jin asked once he could speak, causing Hoseok to blink a few times, "Are you two going to test it out by having sex?"

Hoseok's throat went dry, his face heating up with the thought. How far were him and Yoongi going to go? Sure, they both liked each other, maybe more than just liking, but were they both willing to risk it all by having sex?

"I didn't mean to freak you out," SeokJin began softly, holding Hoseok's hands in his own as they sat across from each other on Hoseok's bed, "I'm just scared, what if something happens to you, you know I can't imagine losing you-"

"And you won't," Hoseok squeezed Jin's hands reassuringly, "We're both not going to let anything happen, the moment it starts getting dangerous or uncomfortable than we're going to stop." the younger fire elemental waited a couple seconds before looking into SeokJin's eyes and confessing, "I'm in love with him, Hyung."

Jin inhaled a deep breath, muttering, "Jesus christ," under his breath as he did.

It's like history wanted to repeat itself.

Hoseok sighed, "And it's not even just his looks, even though he's one of the most ethereal beings i've ever gotten the privilege of laying my eyes on, but it's his voice, the way it can sooth you within seconds of hearing it, how calming he is and how he's so so understanding. He's never once judged me and has always made me feel comfortable around him. I want the rumor to come out false, because you don't understand how badly I want to kiss him, Jin Hyung, to hold him."

A soft smile was on Jin's face, he's never seen Hoseok this happy, despite how long they've known each other; SeokJin has never witnessed Jung Hoseok so smitten over someone until now.

Jin sighed, "I'm not mad, I just... tell me when you're going to do something- just so I know."

Hoseok automatically pulling him into a hug. They stayed in that position for a few seconds before Hoseok said, "Hey- if we can prove it's wrong, then you, Tae, and Jungkook can be together."

SeokJin let Hoseok go and pushed him off the bed.

<><><>

Yoongi laughed as he and Jungkook walked back to their room, it was night and the two had just finished eating dinner.

He had seen Hoseok leave a bit earlier with his friend SeokJin, Hoseok winking in his direction before disappearing into the fire elemental corridors, his wink causing Yoongi to blush unknowingly.

As Yoongi and Jungkook walked, Victor cut them off suddenly. The two bowed to him, since he was a marshalle.

"Good evening, sir," Jungkook greeted respectfully, Yoongi ignoring his older brothers precense.

Victor nodded in Jungkook's direction, looking at Yoongi, "Yoongi, I need to speak to you," Yoongi glared at Victor, "alone."

Jungkook got the hint, giving his Hyung one last look before going down the corridor and to their bedroom. Once he was out of sight, Victor grabbed Yoongi harshly by the wrist.

Yoongi yelped, anger now seen in his, suddenly, icy blue eyes, "What the fuck do you think you're doing with that fire elemental?!" Victor asked, his voice holding a razor sharp edge to it.

Pushing his brother away roughly, Yoongi huffed, "What?"

"Don't play stupid, Yoongi, Mrs. Eu told me that you and Jung Hoseok were trying to look for stuff on Akane and Joonwae," Victor stated, his eyes boring into his younger brother.

Yoongi scoffed, his eyes going back to brown, "and what about it, it's history."

"You know damn well you're digging your nose in places it shouldn't be-"

"Fuck off, Victor," Yoongi seethed, walking intimidatingly close to his elder brother, "don't think for a second that just because you're a marshalle I won't beat the living fuck out of you. You don't see me in your business, so stay the hell out of mine."

Yoongi pushed his brother roughly before walking away to his room, tears gathering in his eyes from the anger he felt boiling in his veins.

Why did Victor always have to ruin everything?

When Yoongi entered his bedroom, he let the tears slip, Jungkook instantly scooping his Hyung up into a comforting hug. He was well aware of how much Yoongi hated Victor.

Yoongi doesn't know what he would do if he didn't have Jungkook.

Just like Hoseok doesn't know what he'd do without SeokJin.

a/n
I love writing the 2Seok and Yoonkook friendships