85🔥Communication and Separation

Please take this chapter, or whenever you read this, as a way to temporarily forget everything going on right now. Lately, things have been awful in the world and I just want you guys to enjoy the chapter. Please, please, please, educate yourselves before trying to "cancel" you know who. Cancel culture is the most toxic thing I've encountered since I've gotten into Kpop and I hope people just stop doing it. If you don't know what's going on with you know who, please go on twitter, see my message board, and look at EDUCATIONAL threads. Don't talk about it in this chapters comments, please.
Our focus should he on BLM, thank you.

"I'm sorry, Victor, but I believe you'll never be able to use your left hand again," Cashel stated in an empathetic tone, watching Victor's expression morph to one of pure hurt and pain.

Yoongi's mouth parted at the news, he didn't think this would lead to his brother no longer being able to use one of his hands. Though, when he looked at how severe the burn was on his wrist, he would have been more shocked if Victor could actually still use that hand.

Hoseok didn't burn Victor's hand off, but he might as well have done so. The burn fucked up all the nerves in Victor's left hand, leaving it useless to him. He can't use it anymore. Which is why Cashel will be taking him into an emergency surgery to amputate it off, since there is no point in him having it if he can't use it.

Victor let tears fall out of his eyes as Cashel called some of his people and set up his makeshift OR, he's a pure ice elemental, a marshalle! How the hell was he going to teach his students how to use their abilities if he only had one hand to do it?

Victor didn't have to verbalize how much he hated Hoseok.

"You can't blame him for what he did," Yoongi said out of the blue, already imagining how much fucked up shit Victor must have been saying about his soulmate in his head, "You're the one who went to find him, you're the one who provoked him. It's your fault this is happening-"

"It's his fault, no one told him to grab me-"

"No one told you to try and grab him-"

"Why're you defending him?" Victor asked, his tone harsh as he glared at his brother, "You said he was hurting you, of course i'd want to talk to him-"

"Who said he was hurting me?" Yoongi inquired, though soon realized Victor must have been eavesdropping on the conversation he was having with Songhee. With an annoyed chuckle escaping Yoongi's lips, he said, "If you would've stayed to eavesdrop some more, then you would know Hoseok's not hurting me on purpose-"

"He's still hurting you-"

"You have no right to play the big brother card, because you've hurt me more than he ever could!" Yoongi yelled, causing Fera and Hoseok to walk back into the infirmary room, though Yoongi didn't notice, "He doesn't hurt me on purpose, you always hurt me on purpose. You know what, fuck you and your stupid apology, you're never going to change; and i'm sick of you."

A lump formed in Victor's throat at the words, his heart aching when he saw the deadly serious expression on Yoongi's face. With a sharp nod, he just laid back, completely ignoring his brothers presence and waiting for Cashel to get him so he could get his hand taken off.

That moment is when Yoongi finally noticed Hoseok was in the room, that Hoseok was listening.

He blinked a couple times as he walked closer to his lover, "Seok-"

"I'm hurting you?" Hoseok interrupted, disbelief seen in his eyes, "he was right? Yoongi, am I really hurting you?"

Yoongi bit his lip, slowly nodding but quickly speaking after, "You're not doing it on purpose, Hoseok- wait!"

Hoseok walked out of the infirmary, tears gathering in his eyes as he did, Yoongi quickly following after him.

Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's wrist, pulling the elemental back from walking away from him, they were in the hallway near the entrance to Cashel's corridor, "Seok please-"

"You gave me this whole speech about trust and communication," Hoseok's voice was quavering, and there were clear tears gathering in his already swollen eyes, "yet you don't tell me this-"

"Because I knew you'd react this way-"

"How else am I supposed to react, Yoongi!" Hoseok yelled, turning to face his boyfriend, who had guilt painted on his face, "I'm hurting you, and you don't tell me!"

Yoongi interrupted him, "Because I knew you'd try to stay away from me-"

"Damn right I am! How am I hurting you?" Hoseok asked, despite how much he wanted to walk away from Yoongi, he walked closer to his boyfriend because he knew Yoongi wasn't keeping this from him to be an ass. It was, in a weird way, to protect him.

Yoongi sighed, biting his tongue before finally confessing what he's been keeping from Hoseok, "Everytime we...we have sex, I get burnt-" Hoseok's eyes widened, he opened his mouth to speak but Yoongi kept going, "not a physical burn, it just feels like i'm getting burned on the inside. It's like when we first had sex, where we felt those rushes of each other's element, it's just now everytime we do ever since you've been back it's gotten worse for me; more painful." by the end of his explanation Hoseok had tears going down his face, Yoongi looked the same.

Hoseok shook his head, banging his hand against the wall. This action startled Yoongi, since Hoseok wasn't the aggressive type, though Hoseok hasn't been Hoseok in awhile.

"Why wouldn't you tell me, Yoongi? We've been having sex a lot and everytime we did you've suffered, why wouldn't you stop me-"

"I don't know, Hoseok!" Yoongi responded, his voice loud and hands moving with his words, "Probably because it goes away, and then I feel fine-"

Hoseok shook his head, "What if at one point you didn't? What if at one point my nightmare came true and you burned in front of me, what then?" Hoseok's voice was cracking, because he felt like sobbing in that moment.

Yoongi tapped his foot against the ground, a sharp breath escaping his lips. He didn't realize that this was Hoseok's nightmare, just the end result hadn't come true.

After some beats of silence between the two, Hoseok said, "We need to stay away from each other."

Yoongi began shaking his head, his hands going through his hair, "This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you-"

"LOOK WHAT I DID TO YOUR BROTHER!" Hoseok shouted, trying to knock some sense into his soulmate, "Imagine what I could do to you because of this...this thing inside of me! You stopped me from hurting Victor worse than I already did, who's gonna stop me from hurting you?"

Yoongi didn't respond, he just stared at the ground with tears running down his face.

Hoseok walked up to him, tilting his chin up so Yoongi's gaze would meet his, "I don't want to hurt you, Yoongi," Hoseok said softly, causing Yoongi's eyes to close and more tears to run down his face.

"You.. You won't," Yoongi responded, his hands landing on the nape of Hoseok's neck, "Hoseok please, you know we literally can't stay away from each other-"

"I don't think he means stay away from each other forever, Yoongi," Fera finally stepped out of where she had been listening to the two argue, she wiped a stray tear from her face as she walked up to the duo, it hurt her to see them in pain, "You two just can't be alone together, that's all, you don't need to stay away from each other. Just no sex, obviously, not until we figure what exactly is going on with Hoseok." she caressed Yoongi's cheek, the frost elemental leaning into her palm, "just until we figure it out, okay?"

Both soulmates nodded, the two holding each other close, their hearts beating erratically in their chests.

That night, Hoseok and Yoongi slept in the same bed, though SeokJin made sure nothing else happened besides that.

That night is the same night, Hoseok's new nightmares and dreams began, where a new creature came out to play.

a/n
I think my breaking point writing this argument, where a tear left my eye, was when Hoseok told Yoongi he didn't want to hurt him. Poor babies :(