22 ❆ "Don't wanna talk about it"

Thank you for all the compliments on ma face earlier, you're all way too kind and my literal 💜angels💜
Enjoy the chapter!

Hoseok stared at Yoongi with eyes full of fear and obvious horror, he was trying his hardest to pull his hand away from Yoongi's vise grip.

Yoongi wouldn't let up though, waiting for what felt like hours until he finally let Hoseok go.

"Did you feel anything?" Yoongi questioned with a raised eyebrow, "Do you feel your body freezing on itself, your ability trying to counter it by burning you?" he continued, Hoseok looking at him with obvious bewilderment. "Because I sure as hell didn't feel like a burning acid was running through my veins, or my body trying to freeze itself."

Hoseok was holding his wrist in his hand, cradling it as if it was a hurt puppy. He couldn't counter what Yoongi was saying because he didn't feel any of the things the marshalles, teachers, basically everyone, said about what would happen when a fire and frost elemental touched.

Don't get it twisted, they can touch simply for less than 20 seconds but it will leave some sort of injury on them. Frost bite, a burn, a sickness, etc, which was always immediate; at least, that's what they said. It's when the touches get more physical, more meaningful, that things become way more dangerous for both parties.

For example, Akane and Joonwae.

"Are you out of your mind!" Hoseok practically yelled when he finally composed himself, Yoongi's eyes boring into him, "What if something happened, Yoongi?!"

Yoongi shrugged, though you could see the slight fear in his eyes, he was also afraid of something happening but he wouldn't admit it, "It wouldn't kill you, I grabbed you for 10 seconds-"

"You wield pure ice!" Hoseok stated, his hands flying in the air from beside him, "It's not the same as before! I wield normal fire, not blue fire!"

Yoongi clenched his jaw, "nothing happened, Hoseok-"

"And what if something is going to in the next coming hours or days?"

"Then I guess I'm fucking go down with you!" Yoongi snapped.

Hoseok's fear was understandable, Yoongi is well aware of that fact, but the younger seemed to forget Yoongi would still be affected as well, even if it is just normal fire Hoseok wields.

The two went silent for some moments, both of them thinking. Their auras were radiating heavily off of them, to the point Yoongi could feel the heat coming off of Hoseok and Hoseok could feel the cold coming off of Yoongi.

Both of them took a subconscious step backwards from each other.

"Look," Yoongi began, a heavy sigh leaving his lips, "if i'm honest, I want to figure out if what the academy and Malchin said is true, if fire and frost really do die when they make contact with each other-" Hoseok was about to mention Akane and Joonwae, but Yoongi put his hand up as a sign for Hoseok to stay quiet. "I'm not asking you to do it with me, but i'd rather it be you because I like you romantically and it'd be easier. If they've lied to us about this for our whole lives, then this is something way deeper and could be a potential reason to why this whole thing is happening with the academy."

Yoongi paused with his words, Hoseok just stared at him.

He knew what Yoongi was saying is true, but he was afraid.

"If you don't want to help me, so be it, but don't talk to me anymore or try to interact with me. Like you said, we should distance ourselves shouldn't we?" the frost elemental made eye contact with Hoseok, able to see the breath leave the fire elementals body, "Unless you wanna try and figure this out, we can never be together, like you said, so might as well distance."

The elder walked to the door of the roof, taking one last glance at Hoseok and saying, "Bye, Seok." before leaving completely.

And with the setting of the sun, came the cracking of Hoseok's sensitive heart.

<><><>

The following morning all the elementals were gathered in the auditorium once more, the hole that was once on the roof already completely fixed.

Yang was on the stage, her marshalles by her side, her aura seemed stressed and she looked tired.

SeokJin and Hoseok sat far away from the rest of the group, there were four sections and they sat at the farthest one in the very back.

Both for their own personal reasons.

Songhee and Hayoon, mainly Songhee, noticed the distancing and turned to Yoongi, "Hey, Gi, why isn't Hoseok-"

"Don't wanna talk about it," Yoongi interrupted, taking his seat beside Jungkook and going silent once again.

Jungkook and Songhee made eye contact, Jungkook shrugging to signify he didn't even know what was up with Yoongi.

NamJoon and Jimin sat side by side, the couple doing extremely well and not having trouble since they were both pretty expressive people when it came to things that were bothering them. That is, if you call Jimin glaring at NamJoon whenever he merely looked at another boy for too long expressivness.

"The combined classes that we've postponed will start again in the coming weeks, we're sorry for all the lack of communication lately and hope things will resume back to normal in the coming months." Yang began, everyone quickly shutting up before she amplified her voice even more.

Which always gave everyone headaches.

"We're currently trying to figure out how those things were able to move like shadows, which is something I and not even Malchin have seen in all our years. Which is one of the reasons we've been so M.I.A, which I, again, apologize deeply for. Until we resume the combined classes, you will be going back to your normal schedules, the only difference being they will end sooner then they did before since we need all hands on deck figuring this situation out. This will start tomorrow, for now go to the library, get some rest, occupy yourself without causing ruckus. You're dismissed." with that she walked off the stage and disappered, to probably her office, with the marshalles watching the students leave the auditorium.

Leaving everyone with confusion in their minds and fear in their hearts.

They didn't even know when they could potentially get an attack.

And the unknown can scare even the bravest of souls.