4.09

As Helena laid with Mark in an on call room bed, her head on the man's chest and her hand around his abdomen, she whispered almost inaudibly in her sleep

As Helena laid with Mark in an on call room bed, her head on the man's chest and her hand around his abdomen, she whispered almost inaudibly in her sleep. The man watched her, enjoying the peaceful quiet and smiling amusedly at the girl's mumbling. Suddenly, her pager went off, Helena's head shooting up and hitting the top bunk.

"Ouch." She complained, her hand going to her head. As she opened her eyes, she looked down at a smiling Mark, who stared at her. "You're up?" She asked, getting out of bed and putting her scrubs back on.

"Yeah. You do this very cute Portuguese rambling think when you sleep, you know..." He said, still looking at the girl who got dressed.

"I do not!" Helena answered, her mouth opening, a bit offended. "I do not do a Portuguese rambling... thing!"

"Hum... yeah, you d-" At the woman's hard glare, he stopped. "Ok, fine, you totally don't." He said, amused and not very convincingly.

"Ok, I gotta go." The resident breathed out, rushing to press a kiss to his lips after putting her hair up. "I've got a contest to win."

Just like that, she rushed out of the room, leaving an upset Mark to mumble to himself. "Damn contest. Makes her live in the hospital and stops me from having morning sex..."

——

As Helena got up the pit, she put her trauma gown on before Cristina, Meredith and Helena came into the room, practically running.

Once they saw Helena already there, they stopped on their tracks. "How... how are you already here?" Izzie let out, the three of them putting on their own trauma gowns.

"I'm friends with the nurses. With older nurses too, you know, the ones that have been here for decades and know all the best short cuts." She smiled up at them, leaving for the ambulance bay.

"Sneaky..." Meredith whispered, pouting slightly.

As her friends joined her outside, Meredith asked Alex, who was holding up a notebook. "Who's winning?"

"Yang and Lena are tied." He told them.

"Surprised?" Cristina asked, high-fiving her shorter friend, who let out a giggle.

"Let me see!" Izzie asked, peaking over the man's shoulder. "I'm twenty six points behind? That's not possible! Count again. What about all those surgeries?"

"Only three points for watching." Helena told her.

"Yeah, you gotta do." Cristina added.

"I do do!" Izzie rolled her eyes. "I can't make them let me do procedures."

"You gotta ask." Meredith told her.