9.13

Season 9, episode 23

"Did you have to postpone your surgeries, too?" Mark asked Helena, putting on the pink NICU gown as he entered it.

"Yeah." Helena nodded, writing down some notes on the small baby laying in front of her. "Hunt said it was because of the storm that's coming, something about moving up all elective procedures and moving out non emergent patients?"

With a hum, Mark pouted. "I was doing a cleft lip repair too, you know how much I like those..."

"Oh, you'll survive." She chuckled, looking up from her chart.

"We have a problem." Meredith announced, her face serious, from the door, making Helena and Mark turn around.

"A board member problem or a 'I'm your person' problem?" Helena questioned, titling her head.

"It's Alex." The blond simply explained, making the peds surgeon share a look with her husband. The man simply nodded, as the young woman rushed out of the room.

——

All Helena knew was that Alex had brought Jason Myers, Jo's current boyfriend, into the hospital, beat up and barely hanging on. So, naturally, she was now pacing around the room, as she prepared for her mom speech.

"When I said fight the guy, I didn't mean fight the guy!" Cristina warned.

"Alex, this kind of stuff was ok when we first met you, but now...?" Meredith continued.

"Now you're supposed to be less brainless!" Helena stopped her pacing, facing the man. "I mean, it was never ok, but this is so stupid. You c-could go to jail, Alex Karev!"

"Look, I'm not going to jail." Alex shrugged. "He was like that when I found him."

"That's your story?" Meredith scoffed.

"No cop is gonna believe you." Cristina added, making Helena nod.

"Alex, it's us. If you messed up, just tell us, don't lie on top of it!" The short brunette tried,

"He didn't do it. He just found him." Jo announced, entering the room. She had a hood over her head, her eye was black and face scrapped. "I did it."

"W-wait, Jo, what exactly happened?" Helena questioned.

"We were having a fight, he grabbed my arm. I fought him off. It just- it got ugly. He fell backwards and he hit his head on the fireplace, but he was still yelling when I left." She explained. "He was fine, I swear."