6.03

Season 6, episode 3

Season 6, episode 3

"I talked to Callie last night about the resident's at Mercy West." Cristina told her people as they stepped into the elevator. "She said they don't suck."

"That's bad. They should suck." Helena pouted, scrunching up her nose.

"And you're safe cause of Derek." Cristina turned to Meredith. "Baby Einstein is safe cause of Mark and the fact that Arizona loves her. Izzie is safe cause of the cancer. Alex is Bailey's new favorite. Even George would have been spared, cause he was Owen's guy!" She complained.

"The Chief's guy too." Helena nodded, sipping on her coffee.

"Cardio has been a revolving door around here and no one's got my back!" The woman let out.

"So you're joining Lena in peds?" Meredith scoffed.

"Robbins's merger prof! She keeps little kids alive, no one likes a dead kid. Plus, they're under anesthesia half of the time, how bad can it be?" Cristina shrugged.

"Oh, god, Cristina Yang in peds, that something I did not expect." Helena giggled as she left the elevator along with Cristina. "Just try not to traumatize any little kids."

——

As the trio entered the ER, Meredith told them. "You know, we really should get some sleep before rounds?"

"Sleep is for wimps, sleep is for Mercy West residents." Cristina told them, Helena sighing.

"I am so tired...let's fit another trauma before rounds." Helena agreed.

Just then, Alex approached them at the nurses station with a panicked look, whispering. "Don't say anything about the wig?"

"Wig? What- oh..." Helena let out as Izzie came in after the man.

"I'm back! Yes, I am early. But, whatever, I'm back, and because I've been gone so long the first trauma that comes through those doors is mine. Got it?" The woman told them, a red haired wig on her head, instead of the expected short, blond hair she'd have from the chemo. "It's amazing, right?"

"What?" Meredith asked, her eyes wide like Helena's.

"What's amazing?" Cristina let out.

"The wig!" Izzie told them, pointing to her head.

"Yeah!" Meredith agreed, still frozen in place.

"It looks so real I didn't even tell!" Cristina told her, over enthusiastically.

"Red hair looks good on you." Helena smiled. "Good time to experiment, right?"