7.10

Season 7, episode 16

"Ok, all the labs seem good. There are no signs of any problems with you or the baby." Lucy Fields told Helena and Mark, the woman laying down on the exam table as she held the man's hand.

"Great!" Helena smiled, nervously fiddling with her pigeon pendant. "You will tell us the sex of her baby today, right?"

"Yes." The OB smile, putting some gel on the woman's belly as she started the ultrasound. "Last predictions?"

"It's a boy. Definitely a boy." Mark told the doctor, smiling proudly.

"No way." Helena disagreed, shaking her head. "The last four generations of Campos women have had an eldest daughter. It comes with my genes, querido, it's gonna be a girl."

"Alright." Lucy smiled at them, looking up for a second from the ultrasound. "Nice size, good looking placenta, healthy heartbeat.. And there we go."

At that, Helena positioned herself on her elbows, peaking at the screen as Mark looked over her body to do the same. "Congratulations, Dr. Campos and Dr. Sloan. You are having a baby girl."

At that, Mark let out a happy chuckle, rubbing his chin in disbelief. "Did you hear that, honey? We're having a little princess. I'm the father of a little girl!"

As Lucy turned around to chart, giving the couple some privacy, the man cupped his wife's cheeks, giving her a soft kiss. As they pulled away, they rested their foreheads, as Helena whispered, tears in her eyes. "We're having a daughter, Mark."

"We're having a daughter." He chuckled, beaming, as he put his hand over his wife's now quite noticeable bump. "You are gonna be daddy's little princess, aren't you?"

"Oh, Jackson is gonna be pissed that he lost the bet to Alex and Cristina." Helena chucked.

——

"Lena!" Meredith called out, approaching her friend. "You're on peds, right?"

"Yeah, what do you need?" Helena looked up from her chart, on the nurses station, smiling softly at the resident.

"Ok, so one of my patient's son had a lump on his neck. Would you just do a work up on him and if it's anything kick it up to Robbins?" The blond asked, the shorter girl grabbing her chart.

"Sure." She nodded. "By the way, today was the OB's appointment."

"Oh, and you learned the sex of the baby?" Meredith asked, excitedly.