6.04

Helena sat in the hallway, head on Lexie's shoulder, as her fellow residents and a few attendings did the same

Helena sat in the hallway, head on Lexie's shoulder, as her fellow residents and a few attendings did the same. All the staff that had worked on the ER was with them, waiting outside a meeting room. Anxiously, Helena's leg bounced up and down, as she played with her pigeon pendant.

"Can you stop that, Baby Einstein?" Cristina, who was on the other side of the girl, asked.

"What?" The brunette questioned, lifting her head from Lexie's shoulder to look at her.

"That." The woman answered, placing a hand on her thigh as to stop it from moving.

"Oh!" Helena let out, not having realized the movement she was making. "Sorry."

A few more tense minutes went by, the short resident shooting occasional glances to Mark, who stood by the other attendings, seemingly annoyed.

"Someone's getting fired." Reed let out, making Helena shoot her a look.

"Stop it." April, the girls friend, asked.

"She wasn't even my patient." Charles, another Mercy Wester, scoffed.

"What?!" Cristina snapped at that, Helena rubbing her forehead.

"Nothing." He shot back, making the young brunette mumble.

"Let's just try to keep calm..."

"How long is this gonna take?" Alex huffed, clearly impatient.

"Why, you need to make a phone call?" A green eyed man, Jackson, teased. 

At that, Alex glared at him for a moment before launching himself onto the man, Helena getting up in a jump as to help separate them as a fight broke out around them.

The attendings, noticing the fight, stepped in to separate them, Derek grabbing Alex and Owen grabbing Jackson, as Mark stood between the two.

"Enough." The Chief told them, leaving the room. "I said enough!" His voice boomed, the doctors quieting down. "What happened here tonight, what happened to that patient, was inexcusable! And we're gonna be here until I find out who's responsible for it. So, until then, you'll sit down, you'll shut up and you'll wait to be called." He finished, turning to the redhead. "Hunt."

And, as the attending entered the room, Helena let herself flop down in her chair, proceeding to play with her necklace as she took a deep breath.

A patient had unnecessarily died in the ER and, now, someone was loosing their job for it. This wasn't good.

——

"Dr. Campos." The Chief called out as Cristina exited the room.

At her name being called, Helena took a deep breath before getting up, walking by Mark as she moved to enter the room. As she walked past him, Mark gave her an encouraging smile, the girl returning it half heatedly.