12.11

"Good morning

"Good morning." Helena smiled to Amelia, starting a little jog to catch up to her, who walked down the hallway. On her hands, she held two paper cups, extending one to the woman on her side."I got you coffee."

"Thank you." Amelia smiled back, brighter than usual. "You didn't have to."

"I know. I wanted to." The shorter girl shrugged, the two arriving at the elevator, as she pressed the button to call it. "So, what cases do you have today?"

"Uh, I'm working the ER and I have a surgery later. You?"

"It's neonatal day and I'm checking out April and Jackson's baby again, too." The surgeon shared.

As the elevator doors pinged open, the two women waited for the small group of people to get out before entering it. Pressing their respective floors, they stood in silence, as they waited for the doors to close.

Once they did, however, Amelia was quick to place an arm around Helena's waist, who smiled into the kiss they shared.

"Good morning to you, too." The neurosurgeon grinned, as they pulled away.

"Very good morning, indeed." Helena giggled, the two moving to hold hands as the elevator kept going up. "So, I was thinking, do you want to come over tonight? The girls are having a sleepover with Sofia, at Callie's, and I could make some dinner, if you'd like. We could... you know, if you wanted, we could actually have a real date, instead of just sneaking in kisses in elevators and lounges..."

"It's a date." The neurosurgeon smiled back, making Helena bite her bottom lip to try to keep herself from smiling yet again. She'd been a bit nervous to ask, not only because she hadn't dated in a while but also because she actually wanted to make whatever she had with Amelia work.

As the elevator doors pinged open, the two quickly let go of each other's hands, Amelia letting out, a bit flustered. "Y-yeah, so, thank you for the... for the consult on my- on my teenage patient, Helena."

Trying to keep herself from chuckling, Helena pressed her tongue to her cheek and called out, as the other woman walked away. "Sure thing, Amelia. If you need another consult, just let me know."

——

"Oh, your bilirubin is down!" Helena grinned at the newborn lying down on his little bed. "Good job. Seems like you're ready to go, big boy."

"I need your help." Callie let out, making Helena almost jump, turning to see the woman standing behind her.

"Oh, God." She took her hand to her chest. "Good morning to you, too."

"As a friend, and a doctor and a peds doctor, but more as a friend." Callie continued.

"Uh, ok. Whatever you need." Helena nodded, tucking the newborn in and moving to the baby girl by him.