1.05

Helena Campos was a girl of strong morals

Helena Campos was a girl of strong morals. She knew what she thought was right and she didn't often stray from it, having a string conscience keeping her in track. This made her honourable and trustworthy, however, it also made her overthink a lot of situations, having internal debates on different moral dilemmas.

Now, sitting in the gallery and watching Meredith's open heart surgery, Helena sipped her coffee and scanned through another article, her head in George's shoulder.

"I wish I could hold a heart." George complained.

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina pointed out.

"At least she has a better view. And you're just mad Burke didn't choose you." Lena sighed and Cristina frowned at her.

"George, I need more ice chips." Izzie joined them.

"Who else did you invite?" The boy asked.

Helena wasn't one for parties. She liked going to the occasional club, but house parties just left way too much of a mess. And, to be honest, she knew she and Izzie would end up being the ones to clean it.

"We said the list was jocks only: surgery, trauma, plastics."

Lena narrowed her eyes at Izzie's guilty face and asks "Isobel Stevens, who else did you invite?"

"Just some people from peds." She answered with a shrug and Lena takes notes on her readings.

"Some people from peds...! You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. Next thing you'll say that you invited the shrinks." Cristina complained. At the blond's silence, the Asian exclaimed. "She invited mental defects. This party is DOA."

"Cristina, not nice and, FYI, peds surgery is one of the most competitive specialities. Besides, the peds nurses are all really nice." The small girl scolded.

"Fine, I'm sorry, Baby Einstein. Happy now?"

"Very." She flashed her an adorable smile.

"Meredith thinks this in going to be a small, meet-your-boyfriend, cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" George confirmed.

"No, but I will." The three flashed her accusing looks. "I promise!"

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend's in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Helena giggled and Cristina looked at her with a softly.

"No, I just want him to meet some of my friends."

"Right. Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends." Cristina pager's went off and she got up to leave. "Bad sex, sucks for you."

"I hear there's a party tonight at Meredith's house." Alex come in.

"News to me." Izzie denied as Lena looked down with a guilty look. She didn't yet know the boy well, but she had a feeling he wasn't nearly as bad as he thought he was.