9.05

Season 9, episode 7

Season 9, episode 7

Helena sat with the other attendings at one of their lounges, around a round table, as Owen stood in front of them. The room was filled with hushed conversation and whispers, as the different doctors discussed their cases.

As Mark went up to Helena, he pressed a kiss to her forehead from behind, making the girl look up with a dimpled smile. Turning around, she planted a kiss on his lips, a goofy smile taking over her face as he eyes zeroed in on the man's forearm.

Giggling, she pointed at the sticker that was still there from their morning at home, Alice having stuck several of them on the man's arms.

"You forgot to get one." She pointed out with a smile.

Looking down at his arm, Mark chuckled as he peeled off the Hello Kitty sticker, sticking it to his wife's forehead. At that, they both chuckled, before Owen spoke up, Helena peeling it away.

"One last thing, before you go. Some of you, uh, may run into Arizona Robbins today. It's her first day back." The room cheered, everyone looking to Callie and Lena, who still took the sticker off her face. "So, if you see her, just make her feel welcome."

"Or maybe..." Callie tried, looking up from her phone. "Maybe just don't make a big deal at all. It might be better."

"Noted, thank you." The redhead agreed, everyone starting to get up. "Oh, hold on. I just want to address one more thing. Uh, most of you are aware that a group of our doctors have filled a lawsuit against our hospital." At that, Helena and Mark shared a look, the girl biting the inside of her cheek. "Some of you may be wondering what this all means and how it might affect our staff. I'd like to be clear, it doesn't. At all. Let's just let the lawyers worry about that, that's their job. Our job is to continue to work together and support each other in giving the great standard of care that we have always given. Let's not let something like this get in the way. Thank you."

At that, the doctors disbanded, Helena adjusting the collar of her white coat as she got ready for the day. Arizona was back, which meant today had to be perfect.

——

The twisted trio walked down the hallway after the meeting, as Meredith let out. "It was good that Owen said that about the lawsuit."

"What? His 'one big family' crap? It's very sweet, unless you're me." Cristina rolled her eyes.

"It needed to be said. Plus, maybe it will make everyone not hate us." The short girl scrunched up her face a bit. "I heard some nurses already..."

"It needed to be said unless you're the deformed wife chained in the attic." The curly haired doctor scoffed.

"Well, what do you wanna be to him?" Meredith questioned. "You left him, do you want to be something else?"