8.09

Season 8, episode 18

"She gonna do it, you'll see." Helena told her husband, as she fed Alice, in her chair.

"Lee, she's eight months. Babies usually speak at around ten months to a year." Mark told her, chuckling as he washed the breakfast dishes.

"I started speaking at eight months old, it happens, and her speech is already developed. She's gonna say 'mama' soon, you'll see." The woman argued, turning to the baby. "Are you gonna say 'mama', pequenina? Can you say 'mama'?"

"Excuse me?!" Mark looked at her, seemingly offended. "It's gonna be 'dada', if anything. Our little genius is saying 'dada'."

Narrowing her eyes at him, Helena cleaned little Alice's mouth, who babbled. "Ba ba ta ta ba."

"See? She's talkative, it's happening." The short girl told her husband, as she picked her daughter up, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Yeah, talkative just like her mama." Mark teased.

——

"An actual lion? In Seattle?" Helena furrowed her brows at Meredith, Cristina walking with them on the other side of the blond.

"Looking at me, like I was lunch!" The blond exclaimed.

"Are you sure it wasn't a mountain lion? Or... maybe a well fed cat?" Cristina tried, making Helena giggle.

"I was staring at Simba." Meredith chuckled, as Owen approached them.

"Hey." Owen greeted, handing a chart to the blond. "Grey, you're on my service."

As Cristina walked away, the man looked at her sadly. "Cristina isn't talking to me."

"Anything you need Dr. Hunt? Work related?" The short girl questioned, somewhat coldly.

She was still upset at how Hunt had handled the matter of Cristina's abortion, still upset of how he had treated her. Sure, she had never been friends with the man, but since the incident she had avoided a relationship that wasn't strictly profession. Besides, the cheating suspicions had only added to her aggravation.

"Uh, no." The man told her.

"Alright, have a good day then." Helena wished with a tight lipped smile, leaving.

"Seems like Cristina isn't the only one." Meredith teased.

——