8.13

Helena let her eyes flutter open, the sun above her making her blink repeatedly

Helena let her eyes flutter open, the sun above her making her blink repeatedly. She felt some pain in her lower back, as she sat up to look around, her hand immediately shooting to her baby belly.

The plane was by her, or rather what was left of it, as Arizona laid on the ground, screaming. By her,  Mark struggled to stand up, seemingly dizzy. Then, to her right, she saw Cristina standing over Meredith, yelling at her. "Meredith, Meredith! Get up, you have to get up now!"

"W-what's happening?" The girl asked, the shock of the situation keeping her from thinking clearly. "Mark? Mark, honey, are you ok?" She called out.

"I-I don't... I think so." He muttered, a hand shooting up to his chest, which burned heavily. "Are you and the baby ok?" He approached Helena, helping her stand up.

She took a second to examine her own body. Her head hurt, and the girl's hand glazed over the back of her skull, to find some blood. Helena still felt some pain on her lower back, which she simply assumed was from the impact, and her whole body was sore. She noticed she didn't feel any pain particularly strong coming from her stomach, making her let out a sigh.

"I'm ok... I'm ok." She nodded, the couple approaching Meredith and Cristina, holding onto each other.

"H-how long was I out?" The blond asked, as she pulled a shard of glass out of her thigh.

"I don't- I don't know, I lost my shoe." Cristina announced, looking around at the plane reck.

"What's- what happened?" Helena asked, her eyes slightly crazed, as she still examined the scene.

"Where's Derek and Lexie?" Meredith asked, standing up.

"I don't know, I lost a shoe!" The curly haired woman muttered.

"What happened?" The young girl repeated, taking her hand to the back of her head again.

"The plane crashed!" Cristina let out, as Mark continued silent, his chest burning. "That's what happened. We were in a plane, and it crashed. Plane crash!"

"N-no that doesn't- it doesn't make sense..." Helena muttered under her breath. "It doesn't make sense."

"Where's Derek?!" The blond shouted. "Cristina, where is Derek?!"

"He was sucked out the side when we hit the trees and then the back of the plane came off... it came- it came off." She explained, gesticulating.

"Lexie was in the back of the plane." Mark let out, his voice panicked, at the fact that the girl he'd learned to love as a little sister was missing.

"I- I looked to the back and all I could see was freaking sky!" Cristina let out, looking up.

"Where are they?!" Meredith cried out.

"I don't know, I only have one shoe!" Cristina snapped, as Helena shook her head, still holding Mark up.

"No, it doesn't make- it doesn't make any sense. Plane crashes d-don't really happen, they aren't- they aren't likely." She let out, her brows furrowed as she looked around. "I read that- that plane crashes happen 1 in 180,000 times a-and I've alre-already been in a shooting a-and a car accident, so I can't be in a plane crash, too. So we can't be... this can't be a plane crash."