12.06

"Hey

"Hey." Helena smiled, reaching the ER nurses station. "Kid in bed 3 is all patched up."

Meanwhile, Riggs requested. "Apes, call the plumber, would you?"

"Sure." The redhead nodded, making Helena and Meredith share a look.

"T-the plumber?" The shorter girl furrowed her brows, as she put down her tablet.

"Did he just call the morgue the plumber?" Meredith asked, getting up from her chair.

"Oh, yeah, that's something we say over there." The trauma surgeon referenced her time in the army. "They circle the drain, then they clog it. You call the plumber."

"Hunt's right. We hate that guy." Meredith exhaled as she left, Helena taking her former seat.

"So..." The brunette started. "Have you told Jackson?"

A few weeks earlier, April had told both Helena and Arizona that she was pregnant, when the peds surgeons had come over to her place to comfort her, after her divorce.

At April's guilty sigh, Arizona, who was sitting by her, reprimanded. "You have to tell him."

"Why?" The girl exhaled.

"Why?" Arizona furrowed her brows.

"So he'll come back to me? He doesn't want to be married to me, a baby wasn't gonna change that. It shouldn't change that."

"Then not because of your marriage. If you know that it shouldn't change it, you don't let it change it." Helena urged. "But because of your child. Of your baby."

"It's his baby, it's..." Arizona agreed.

"I know, I know." April shook her head. "But I am happy. For the first time in a year. And as soon as I tell him, everything will be all complicated and for right now..." She scoffed. "Obviously. Obviously, I'm going to tell him. When I'm ready."

"Ok." Helena nodded. "Ok, when you're ready."

——

Some time after, Helena sat down at the attending's lounge main table, chatting with Maggie, as she took a few sips of her coffee. "Did you guys already do that project with Zola? The one where you have to decorate the little box? Because I might be a surgeon, but that doesn't mean my hands are any good for... visual arts or whatever."

"I think Mer's gonna buy some things to just glue on it." Maggie shrugged. "I'm not willing to have paint under my nails for a week, either."