12.08

"You agreed with me

"You agreed with me. You said April should tell Jackson." Arizona spoke on the phone with Helena, who currently balanced it on her shoulder, her hands busy as she tried to poor soup into a container.

"Well, yes, I said she should tell him. Not that you should go behind her back and tell her ex husband about their unborn child!" Helena let out.

"I really screwed up, Lena. She hates me." The blond exhaled.

"Come on, I'm sure she doesn't hate you. She's probably crazy mad and doesn't want to see you so soon, yes, but she doesn't hate you. Hate is reserved for, like, neo-nazis o-or murderers." She tried, closing the container's lid.

"So she's grouped me together with murderers. Great." Arizona exhaled.

"All you can do is give her space, right now..." Helena let out. "Look, I've got to go. Mer needs me. Oh, and if anyone asks, I definitely haven't taken out a sick day to help Mer feel better o-or left Cara in daycare even if I'm not working, ok?"

"Sure."

——

"Ok, I'm here!" Helena barged into Meredith's kitchen, to meet Amelia and Maggie by the coffee machine, as she put everything she brought with her down on the kitchen island. "I bring ice cream, tequila and soup. What happened?"

"I don't know." Maggie shrugged. "I was brushing my teeth, then suddenly Mer was screaming for Thorpe to get out. He said he didn't do anything, but, I mean, I don't know. Now she's locked in her room..."

"She can't stay locked up there all day, she has to come down sometime." Amelia reasoned.

"I mean, when Izzie Stevens' fiancé died she locked herself in the upstairs bathroom for well over 24 hours." Helena furrowed her brows, then quickly letting out, her mouth falling slightly open. "Oh, I hope this is not a lying-on-the-bathroom-floor-in-a-prom-dress kind of situation..."

"I'm sorry, what?" Maggie asked.

"Oh, right. Sometimes I forget you're both relatively new." The short girl realized, trying to explain. "Our friend from our intern year, Alex ex-wife? No? The one who loved Christmas and payed her way through med school by modeling?"

At the blank look on Maggie's face, Amelia let out, in realization. "Oh, that intern that fell in love with a patient and cut his LVAD wire?"

"Maybe?" Helena furrowed her brows. "Technically, I do think it's all still alleged."

"Oh, yeah, I've heard about that." Maggie finally nodded.

"Haven't we all." Amelia joked, with a dry chuckle.

"Do you think she wants food of juts coffee?" Maggie asked, glancing back at the coffee machine. "Or not coffee? Maybe tea? Tea is more soothing..."