13.04

Alex and Meredith went down the stairs of Helena's house, the home owner right behind them

Alex and Meredith went down the stairs of Helena's house, the home owner right behind them. As they arrived to the living room, where Alice read Caroline a book, Helena moved to straighten the back of Alex's hair, getting on her tiptoes to reach the top of his head.

"I mean, are you sure you don't want us to go with you?" Meredith asked.

"We could go with you." Helena nodded. "Mer's got the day off and I've already asked Arizona to do my rounds for me."

"No, I'm fine. I'll just need a second."

"You need people. It's good to show them you have people." The blond tried, as Helena straightened their friend's tie. "You don't wanna look like some lone-wolf assailant with no friends."

"Look, all they're doing is setting a trial date. It'll take like ten minutes. The security line will take longer." He told Meredith, then turning to Helena. "Stop fussing."

At that, she lifted her hands, almost pouting. "Fine, sorry."

"If you're sure, fine." Meredith told him. "Good luck."

"Girls?" Helena called out. "Come say bye to uncle Alex."

At that, the two of them stood up from the couch, their small feet thudding on the floor, as they ran towards him. As Alex crouched down, they almost made him fall with the impact of their hug, making the man chuckle.

——

"Hi." Helena smiled at Amelia, both of them in the ER. "Good morning."

"Morning." Amelia smiled back, pressing a kiss to her lips. "You know, I still get jittery at doing this in front of everyone."

"Good jittery?" Helena asked, moving to help her girlfriend tie her trauma gown.

"Always." She turned around to say.

"Incoming! Any second, MVC." April let out, moving to tie her gown. "Amelia, Helena, kid with head trauma. Also, dad with abdominal issues."

"Right behind you." Amelia let out, jogging behind the redhead to the ambulance bay.

As she grabbed gloves to put on, Helena followed the other women, arriving near the boy, as he let out. "It was like a rollercoaster!"

"Alright, Robbie. I'm Dr. Shepherd and this is Dr. Campos." The neurosurgeon introduced, moving to check the scalp laceration, as Helena checked his pupillary response.

"Where's my dad? I got to ask him how fast we were going." He let out, making Helena look to the ambulance that came into the bay.

"Looks like he's coming in right behind you. Is your head hurting, Robbie?" The peds surgeon asked.

"Barely. Can I ask him?"