2.12

" I'm Helena Campos, by the way

" I'm Helena Campos, by the way. You?"
He let his eyes lighter on her for a bit longer than normal, and could barely contain a smile as he replied.

"George O'Malley. Pleasure to meet you, Helena."

——

As Helena got home, she immediately went to George's room, eager to spend some time with her boyfriend.

"Hi, Georgie." She greeted as she sat on his thighs in the bed, straddling him as she smiled.

"Lena!" He answered, being cut of by her kisses.

Once she noticed the boy wasn't kissing her back, she pulled back and cupped his face a slight smile still on her face. "What's wrong?" The boy seemed to choke up slightly, not kissing her back. Helena's face was now completely serious. "Georgie, what is it? Talk to me."

"I... Lena, I'm so sorry. I love you, you know that." The boy muttered, as Helena's brows furrowed in worry.

"Yeah, I love you too. What wrong? I'm beginning to get really worried." She said, her face scrunched up in worry.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry, Lena. I was drunk and I didn't mean to but I... I hooked up with Meredith." At that, the girl gulped and sat in the bed by the boy, instead of on his legs.

"You... I'm sorry, you what?" She asked, choking up slightly.

——

"I simply have to see the good in the world. I just... I think too much sometimes."

"I know you do. It's one of the many things that makes you... Lena." They shared a smile and the girl put her head on the boy's shoulder, finding comfort in his hand and their silence.

——

The room was silent as the couple now sat in opposite sides of the bed, the rain drizzling outside of the bedroom window.

"I..." Helena's voice cracked as she cleared her voice before she began again. "I need you to tell me what happened."

"Lena... I told you, we hooked up." He spoke, his voice nearly as broken as the girl's.

"Hook up can mean a lot of things, Georgie." She scoffed, smiling sadly. "What happened?"

"Lena, please, I don't..." He pleaded.

"No. Georgie, don't. I need to know what happened."

The boy cleared his throat before staring to explain. "We were drunk. We were both drunk. I don't... I don't know exactly what happened but, we started... we started getting closer to each other and then... then we kissed."