4.10

"My first day! My clinical trial, my baby, all grown up

"My first day! My clinical trial, my baby, all grown up." Meredith told Izzie and Helena, who stood at a nurses station.

"Yeah, nobody cares about your clinical trial or your sick, sick terminal patients." Izzie shot back.

"Hey, I do! I'm excited. You know, if I didn't like peds or neonatal this much I might actually chose neuro." Helena let out, looking over Meredith's shoulder to look at her paperwork. "And, you, Izzie, are just jealous." The girl giggled.

"Well, yeah." The taller blond admitted.

"Anyone can come up with a clinical trial. I could come up with a clinical trial." Cristina complained, Helena smacking her arm as she sipped on her coffee. "Not that it would matter cause Hahn wouldn't sign off on it. You know, she won't even talk to me?"

"She always enjoyed talking to me." Izzie answered, shrugging.

"Really? About what?" At that, Cristina perked up.

"About her hopes and dreams. And then we'd braid each other's hair." The former model answered sarcastically.

"Well, I know she's not the warmest person ever but she's actually not bad. I mean, when she met me she was kinda mean but when I went out for drinks with her and Callie the other day, she was pretty nice." Helena told her.

"You could use your sparkle pager to get me in on Hahn's surgery today." Cristina asked the short girl.

"And you really think that'd make you like her more?" The brunette scoffed.

At that, Cristina tried to get the pager out of Helena's lab coat, making Izzie yell. "Sparkle pager stealer!"

Grabbing back the pager, Helena smacked Cristina, turning to leave. "Stop stealing my pager! Anyway, I gotta go, Addison is back and I'm scrubbing in on her surgery."

At that, she walked down the hallway, smiling to herself. She missed working with the neonatal attending.

——

As Helena stood in a stool in Mark's skin lab, she watched the man work, talking to him. "Oh, and Mer's clinical trial starts today, which I hope goes well."

Just then, they heard a knock at the door, Helena turning around. Addison stood in the doorway, giving the two a tight lipped smile.

"There she is!" Mark boomed, looking at the woman.

"Addy, you're back!" The short girl gave her a wide smile, her dimples showing. "How are you?"

"I am not back, Lena, just here for a surgery. But it's good to see you, how's my favorite intern?" The taller woman smiled at her.