6.14

It was a late evening, when Derek was throwing a party in his and Meredith's house

It was a late evening, when Derek was throwing a party in his and Meredith's house. Inside his office, he showed Mark and Owen his future home.

"This wall will be all windows so we can take advantage of the view." He pointed to the house plan with a proud smile.

"Nice." Mark agreed, shifting slightly in his feet before he revealed with a sigh. "I'm proposing."

At that, the two men looked up from the table to look at him, a bit shocked. Owen blinked rapidly as Derek's eyes widened.

"What?" Owen asked, clearly caught by surprise.

"I'm proposing to Helena. I mean, we were going to have a family and everything so... I'm proposing." He explained, shrugging as if to downplay the event.

Derek let out a chuckle, taking Mark into a hug, patting his back. "Congratulations, man." As he pulled away, both men smiled. "Oh, Mark Sloan getting married... Helena is great for you, this is great for you."

"Do you have the ring yet?" Owen asked, Mark nodding as he took a small black box from his pocket, opening it.

Inside, was a dainty and elegant ring, made of white gold and with a delicate diamond on top.

"Lee commented once that she likes delicate rings better than big diamond, she says she thinks those can be tacky." The man explained, having remember the small comment Helena had let out once, a few months ago.

"It's beautiful, she's gonna love it." Owen reassured, smiling at him.

Just then, Helena walked into the room, Mark rushing to hide the box in his pocket. She was dressed dark green satin slip dress, small pearl earrings hanging from her ears.

"Mark, honey, Callie's sad, come help." She asked, the man leaving the office and pressing a kiss to her lips, as the couple walked over to the living room.

"You look beautiful tonight, sweetheart." Mark told her, admiring the girl in her dress and heels.

"You clean up nicely too." She smiled, the couple approaching Callie.

"You're staring again, Callie." The girl whispered, her voice sweet as she followed the woman's gaze to Arizona.

"I'm not." She denied.

"Yes, you are." Mark agreed.

"I love her but we broke up because she doesn't want kids. I'm allowed to stare." Callie complained, soon leaving the room.

As she did, Helena followed Arizona's stare to the woman that had left, sighing as she hit Mark's chest. "Thank god you want kids."

Mark chuckled, telling the girl. "Yes, I do. I want my own tiny Lee running around the house."

——

"You and Owen are thinking of moving in together?" Meredith asked as Cristina and Helena walked with her down a hallway of the hospital, the next morning.