1.02

TRIGGER WARNING: Sexual assault

Helena Campos tried her best to be a positive person and, most days, she succeeded. Today, however, was not one of those days.

She'd gotten little to no sleep, as the couple in the hotel room next to her's had been pretty loud during the night, making her hear noises no one should have heard. This resulted in her waking up to another long shift already tired. Next, as she tried to take a shower, she found the hotel was having a problem and, as such, the water was painfully cold. To make it even better, a car nearby splashed her with mud while she was biking to work.

So yes, Helena Campos usually succeeded in being positive however, today was not one of those days. The day has barely started, and she could already tell two things: first, she needed to get a place. Second, this was not her day.

——

As she approached her new friends, she heard Izzie and George asking to move in with Meredith.

"Wait, are you looking for roommates? I kind of need to move out of my hotel room. What do you think, Mer?" Asked Helena, hopeful she'd finally have a place to live.

"You know what? Yes, you can move in." Answered the blond with a tight smile, earning her looks from the other two potential roommates. "What? Lena's the least annoying out of all of us, plus, she has this motherly thing about her that makes me think she'd be a good roommate!"

The younger girl smiled and shrugged at her friends, as the group approached their resident, who distributed tasks for the day. Helena and Meredith were in charge of the trauma pager.

As Bailey goes to leave, Meredith takes her shot. "Dr. Bailey, I was hoping to assist you in the OR today and maybe do a minor procedure. I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" She offered innocently.

As all the other intern swarmed her with requests for surgeries, Helena stood back. She'd understood by now that her resident wasn't particularly tolerant with over eager interns.

"Stop talking. Every inter want to preform their first surgery. That's not your job. Do you know what is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No! Why? Because my interns are whiny. You know what will make me happy? If you could just all calm down like Campos and do what I told you to do." She said, looking to the youngest intern with a look of appreciation and taking Meredith's latte. "No one holds a scalpel till I'm so happy, I'm Mary freaking Poppins."

She kept going up the stairs and stopped once more to look at the group of interns. "Why are you all standing there? Move!" The interns scattered in slight panic, of to do their work for the day.