10.11

"Waffles, yay!" Helena let out, stealing one from the container Meredith had brought them in

"Waffles, yay!" Helena let out, stealing one from the container Meredith had brought them in. "It's a shame Mark doesn't have sisters, I could use a hostage, too, like Amelia."

"Hey." Owen greeted, turning to Cristina. "The, uh, first candidate's here and waiting in the conference room."

"I'm on my way now." She nodded.

"So I still can't believe he's making you pick your replacement." Meredith told her.

"I still can't believe you're leaving." Helena narrowed her eyes, munching on her waffle.

"I'm interviewing Dr. Russell's replacement, not mine. Which I volunteered to do by the way."

"It's a punishment. It's like making you clean the apartment you're vacating." The blond shrugged.

"No, Owen knows this is the right move for me." The curly haired woman denied. "He's been nothing but supportive."

"Now, that's suspicious." Helena told her.

"Something's coming. I can feel it in my bones." Meredith agreed, as they reached the conference room. Looking at the man inside, she let out. "Eww."

"I hate his face." Cristina let out.

"So... not him." Helena agreed. "He looks smug and also a little bit like a James Bond villain."

"Ok, now look me in the eye and tell me this isn't a punishment." Meredith tilted her head.

——

"You're Cristina and Helena, right?" They both nodded. "I'm Meredith. Which resident are you assigned to?" Asked the blond.

"I got Bailey." They both answered in unison.

"The Nazi?" The blond asked asked as she smirked slightly. "Me too".

——

"Meredith's leaving." Helena told Mark, after putting the phone down. "Cristina and Meredith are both leaving. Everyone is leaving."

"I know." He nodded. "But you have me. And Robbins, and Torres, and Kepner, and Karev... you still have all of us."

"I know, honey." She nodded, tears in her eyes. "It's just... they're my people. And they're leaving."

——

"I just wanted to let you know that no matter what you choose, I'm here for you." Helena told a pregnant Cristina.

"You know, sometimes even the strongest people need to let others care for them, Baby Genius." Cristina told the girl, looking down at her. "I have an appointment for the sixteenth. I'm aborting."