C5

On the third day after getting married, a bride would return to her maiden family; this is a human custom. Ye Jiao thought that she was a clever little ginseng. So since she decided to be a human, she had to learn to be an appropriate human being.

But in the evening before she returned to her maiden house, Qi Yun said he would accompany her to go home.

As Ye Jiao listened to his words, she felt as if she had taken a reassurance pill. She nodded obediently, but still did not go to her bed.

“What’s the matter?” The two still sleep on separate beds. Qi Yun had already laid down on the soft couch and covered himself with a quilt. But when he saw Ye Jiao still standing next to him, he wanted to sit back up.

Ye Jiao was sitting sideways on the edge of the couch. She reached out to grab his cuff and shook it gently.

The woman’s face is upright and beautiful, and her eyes are especially bright and beautiful. Even without any powder, she is still beautiful.

In the past, the original Ye Jiao was always hungry, and her chin had become small and pointed. But the essence of the ginseng spirit had nourished this body, made her pale face blushing red. So now, even though she is still thin, she looks great.

Probably because she especially liked the sweet-scented osmanthus cake during dinner, at this moment, Qi Yun seemed to smell the faint fragrance of sweet-scented osmanthus.

The posture of the two people at this time made Qi Yun’s ears turn red.

He was frail and sick since he was a child, which was a problem since he was inside his mother’s womb. Even after Liu-shi had sought medical advice for so many years, it had not improved. Now, Liu-shi has become superstitious in God and Buddha, but Qi Yun’s body is still the same.

His weakness made Qi Yun hate to meet people since he was a child. He usually only lowered his head and read books. Liu-shi loved him, so she bought him a lot of books.

Among them, Qi Yun had also read a textbook about men and women.

Between husband and wife, there is a specific thing that needs to be completed.

But… he has to take a deep breath every two steps, he can’t do anything to the person next to him.

Qi Yun couldn’t help but look at Ye Jiao, he moved his mouth and whispered, “Jiao Niang, why didn’t you go to sleep?”

Ye Jiao hesitated for a while. She raised her eyes and looked at Qi Yun. Then, she seemed to make a big decision, “My husband, I have something to ask you, so don’t go to sleep yet, is it okay?”

Qi Yun’s heart sank, thinking that it was indeed the case that she wanted to talk about those things.

He felt awkward, and his face subconsciously reflected his mind.

Under the flickering candlelight, his originally handsome face had become gloomy. His pale face looked a little scary at night.

Ye Jiao is not afraid of his appearance. When she was a ginseng, she saw a lot of strangely shaped things. When the little fox just learned to transform, she had a fox’s head and fox’s paws but a human body. Ye Jiao was not scared then.

What’s more, Ye Jiao thought the appearance of her mate looked very good. It didn’t matter if his face became paler. She only liked him more, and did not fear him.

But after getting along for a few days, Ye Jiao could tell when Qi Yun was happy and when he was uncomfortable.

When she saw him like this, Ye Jiao hurriedly grabbed Qi Yun’s hand and patted him on his chest with the other hand. She spoke faster than usual, “Don’t worry. If you don’t like it, I won’t eat anymore. It’s okay. I can sleep when I’m hungry.”