C7

At the main house, there are only Qi Yun’s mother, Liu-shi, and the Qi family’s eldest daughter-in-law, Fang-shi.

Liu-shi asked Ye Jiao to come over. She didn’t seem to be anxious at all, but Fang-shi kept looking outside while coaxing her son. It appeared that she was more concerned than Liu-shi.

Seeing her like this, Liu-shi couldn’t help but say, “What are you looking at?”

Fang-shi immediately turned to Liu-shi, her round face lit up with a smile, “Mother, I am waiting for my second brother-in-law and my sister-in-law.”

Liu-shi glanced at her. She put down the teacup in her hand and said, “Yun’er wants to rest, don’t worry about him.”

Even if Qi Yun wanted to call the doctor quietly, there is nothing in this family that could be hidden from Liu-shi.

Before the doctor left, Liu-shi specifically called him over and interrogated him.

In the end, she heard the doctor say that Qi Yun’s body was getting better. This time, he had a bit of internal heat1 , so he had a bit of fever, but it was nothing major.

In the past, Qi Yun was either hot or cold. Although it was not a good thing to have an internal heat, Liu-shi understood that her son was no longer on the verge of life and death.

This was enough to make Liu-shi happy, but she didn’t say anything, afraid that it would break Qi Yun’s fortune.

She forcibly settled down and said to Fang-shi, “Today, your second brother will stay at home. I am just thinking of Qi Yun’s body. If others care about those vain rules, they

can care for it. But we are not a big family, and we are not strict with the rules. Just get someone to accompany Jiao Niang.”

Although she said that, Fang-shi could hear that her mother-in-law was very satisfied with Ye Jiao.

She responded to Liu-shi‘s meaning with a smile and said, “My younger sister-in-law has a good blessing. Not only was my second younger brother getting better and better, but look, it was cloudy a while ago, but it was sunny now.”

Liu-shi smiled upon hearing this.

People were always a little bit superstitious in their hearts. Before Ye Jiao came to their family, Liu-shi didn’t care about her very much. She just thought that in the future, it would be just another mouth to feed. But now, when she heard that Qi Yun’s body did not have any illness, Liu-shi thought Ye Jiao was very good.

‘Today is the day when she is returning home. Look how nice the sun is.’

She knew that Fang-shi had deliberately said nice things to make her happy, but Liu-shi loved listening to it.

As long as Qi Yun’s health is good, Liu-shi was happy to treat Ye Jiao well.

Fang-shi looked at her and smiled. Knowing that Liu-shi was in a good mood, she took the opportunity to say, “Mother, Shitou is growing fast. He needs new clothes again.” 

As she said this, she turned to her son, who was less than two years old in her arms, Shitou.

Liu-shi looked at her but didn’t answer. She just reached out and touched the top of Shitou’s hair.

When the child was born, he had a weak body, so they didn’t give him a big name. As a superstitious blessing, he only got a nickname for the family to call him.