chapter eight

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞⁂

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

October was coming to an end, and Halloween was a day away. Y/n noticed that Remus was more and more tired, and spent some time in the hospital wing. She of course knew why, but she couldn't help but be worried for her friend. She knew how hard it was on him, hist based on how tired he was the days before, and even after. And whenever he returned, he would have some sort of new cut on his face that would leave a scar.

Things between Y/n and Remus where back to normal, and they ignored the slip up. Even if for both of them, it lingered in their minds. Mainly Remus though, he couldn't get the sound of her voice saying 'I love you' out of his head. Sirius, and James constantly teased the two about it. Mainly Y/n though.

The five Marauders sat on the edge of the black lake. Remus was reading as usual, Y/n was studying and getting any work done. Sirius and James where talking about Lily, well James was. And Peter was eating jelly slugs, and just listening intently.

"Well, how do I get her to love me?" James groaned.

"Maybe grow some brains." Y/n suggested, her eyes not moving from the spell book in front of her.

"Now thats just rude." James said offended, "My feelings have been hurt, by my own sister."

Y/n looked up at her twin "Okay, I'm sorry I hurt your 'feelings'." She said, putting the word 'feelings' in air quotes.

James stared at his sister blankly "I'd be more comforted if you didn't put 'feelings' in air quotes." He said.

Y/n snorted and looked back to her book, "Sorry not sorry." She said shrugging.

"She is brutal." Sirius said.

"Hey guys?" Remus suddenly said, "Do you four even have a plan for tomorrow night?"

Y/n looked up "Course we do." She said, "It involves our father's invisibility cloak that James stole in second year."

"I forgot the two of you had that." Remus said.

"We haven't." Sirius said, grinning.

Y/n rolled her eyes "Course you guys haven't." She said, "Just yesterday the two of you used it to prank Snape, and dye his hair Gryffindor red and gold."

Severus Snape. A greasy Slytherin boy that Sirius and James pranked, and made fun of constantly. Y/n didn't exactly hate him, but she didn't like him either. The only reason she tolerated him, was for Lily's sake. So whenever Y/n saw the boys bullying Snape, she would step in and tell them to back off. Sometimes they did, and other times it took more convincing.