chapter seventy-one

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐩𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

The first week of classes passed successfully, but everyone was exhausted. Everyone was stacked with work, and stressed. Even James and Sirius we're stressed, which was a shock, considering they never worked a day in their lives.

Finally they were able to catch a break, and the five Marauders were in the common room. Which was rather empty. Only a couple of first years were there, working on school and doing things they did. Y/n and Remus were on the couch, cuddling. The h/c had her face just buried in his lower stomach, as Remus just read a book not minding the position at all.

Sirius and James as usual were playing chess, and Sirius was complaining on how he can't be James every so often. Peter sat in the recliner, eating snacks just silently watching James and Sirius.

"Son of a bitch!" Sirius cursed, falling backwards onto the ground "I can't win!"

This caused some first years to look over, highly confused. And concerned.

"Sirius, shut the fuck up." Y/n said, her voice muffled by her face being hidden.

"Oh don't be so grumpy, Trix." James said, "Pads is just jealous that I am so much better than him." He said.

"Doesn't matter if Padfoot is jealous." Y/n said, turning to look at them so her voice was no longer muffled. "You guys are beyond annoying, and besides we should be working on you-know-what."

"Huh?" Peter asked confused, "We're supposed to be working on something?" He questioned.

Remus sighed "The map." He said, never taking his eyes away from his book.

During the last month of sixth year, Y/n and the boys had been working on a map. A map that would show everyone in Hogwarts, at all times. The marauders were going to mainly use it to get into any mischief, and sneak around the castle without getting caught. None of them spoke about it much, since so far all they did was research. A lot of it too.

But finally, Y/n and Remus finally found a spell, that would track the movements in the castle. Throughout that last month, James, Sirius, and Peters job was to make a map of the castle. Marking every single little detail, while Y/n and Remus practiced the charms. The charms were extremely difficult to cast, so it took forever to actually cast them properly.

There were four charms needed to actually do this. The Homonculous charm, which would track the movements of anyone inside the castle or on the grounds near the willow. The Concealment Charm, which would hide the map. Some charm that Remus had found which would lock the map, only opening with specific words(which hadn't been decided), and then locking with more words(still not decided yet). And a charm that would insult anyone, who used the revealing charm.