chapter fifteen

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐞𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

Y/n sat in Potions, a bitter look on her face. Tonight was the Slugclub early Christmas party, and she was not ready. Not only did she have to go to the party, she had to wear a dress. And find a date. Y/n pinched the bridge of her nose, waiting for the bell to ring. She had already finished the assignment, and the homework.

"Ah, miss Potter!" Slughorn beamed, as he stopped near Y/n's desk.

The girl looked up and put on the fakest smile she could pull "Professor, how's your day?" She asked.

"Quite splendid." The professor responded, "Will I be seeing you and Miss Evans tonight at the Christmas party?" He asked.

Y/n nodded "Yes sir, wouldn't miss it for the world." She said.

"Wonderful, don't forget to bring a date." Slughorn said, before walking off.

Y/n huff, and quickly packed up her belongings as the bell rang. And as quick as a cheetah, she left the classroom.

"I hate you, you know that right." Y/n said to Lily, as the two walked through the corridors towards the Gryffindor common room.

Lily snickered "We both know thats a lie Y/n." She said.

Y/n rolled her eyes "You're making me go to a slugclub party, and I have to wear a dress and find a date." She said, "Right now I hate you."

"Why don't you ask Remus to your date?" Lily asked.

Y/n scoffed "He'd probably say no, and everything would be awkward. And I don't wanna be a bad friend, and torture him." She said, as they walked up the stairs towards the painting of the fat lady.

"As if." Lily scoffed, "How could say no to you?"

Y/n ignored Lily, and smiled at the portrait of the fat lady "Hello, Gertrude. How is your day?" She asked.

"Quite wonderful, some of the other portraits are having a gathering later tonight." The fat lady said, smiling.

"Sounds fun, I bet it'll be better than the Slugclub party." Y/n said, "Anyways, the password is Wattlebird." She said.

The portrait swung open, and the two girls walked inside the common room "Y/n, just ask him. I'm sure he'll say yes." Lily said.

"Why are we talking about this?" Y/n asked, "We both know he'll say no." She said.