chapter fifty-six

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

Y/n pulled on her black gloves, and sighed. She couldn't believe how quick the ball came, she didn't even want to go knowing that the plan was no longer working. She looked at herself in the long body mirror, the slightly puffy black dress framing her body perfectly. She couldn't believe that her mother had actually worn this before, she'd never seen this dress before.

Y/n grabbed the black masquerade mask off her desk, she knew that this was a dumb idea. She was meeting the girls and Elliott outside the great hall soon, at this point she was stalling.

Y/n felt rather elegant in her outfit. Her makeup done perfectly thanks to Lily, who had done it just before she left. It was a black smokey eye look, wit dark red lipstick. Her hair styled beautifully thanks to also, who had done it while Lily did her makeup. A little silver like crown sat on top of hrr head, with a moon gem hanging from it.

Y/n slipped on her heels and sighed "Here goes nothing." She mumbled, before walking out of the dorm. She knew no one would see her, considering that everyone was already in the great hall.

Remus stood near Sirius, James, Lily, Peter, Peter's date a Ravenclaw girl name Millie, Marlene, Dorcas, Alice, Frank, and Elliott who kept his gaze up towards the stairs. It was obvious that he was waiting for Y/n. Sirius decided not to bring a date, since Remus completely canceled on Margo and no longer had a date. As rude as he may have seemed, he never even wanted to go with her in the first place. He still wanted Y/n.

Y/n meanwhile peaked from behind a corner, looking down at her friends at the bottom of the steps. She could see other students piling into the great hall. Her eyes then fell on Remus, who was in a black and white dress suit. His light brown hair, a fluffy mess which Y/n always loved. No mask was on his face, but he was holding a dark grey one in hand, with a yellow moon on it.

 No mask was on his face, but he was holding a dark grey one in hand, with a yellow moon on it