chapter seventy-seven

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱; 𝐀 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫

Y/n and Remus stood outside St Mungo's, they had been there for about five minutes maybe. They had gone to Hogsmead, with the permission of Dumbledore and apparated away. Remus still hadn't told the boys about the letter, and they didn't ask. They didn't even ask Y/n, not that she would tell them if they did.

"I don't know if I wanna do this." Remus mumbled, gulping.

Y/n reached over and grabbed his hand "We can do it tomorrow." She said gently.

"No....." Remus mumbled, "There's a chance she won't be here tomorrow." He said.

Y/n nodded "We can wait here as long as you'd like." She said, "I'll go in when you do." She said squeezing his hand.

Remus sighed and just stared at the hospital "I can't believe they didn't tell me." He said, "T-that my mum has been dealing with this, for months."

"They didn't want to worry you darling." Y/n said, looking over at Remus.

He hadn't got much sleep last night, he cried most of the time. Which was rare, this was one of the times Y/n had actually seen him cry. The boys didn't even come back to the dorm, though Y/n was sure they wanted to. To trt and comfort their friend.

"I just wished tbey told me." Remus said, "Maybe if they had.....i-i could've found something to help her." He mumbled.

"Remus, Y/n." A voice spoke, "Your here."

Y/n and Remus looked back and watched at Lyall, Remus's father, walked towards them. He also looked like a mess, dark bags under his eyes. His hair wasn't neat, like Y/n saw the first time she met him.

"Hey dad." Remus mumbled, looking down to his feet and ignoring his fathers gaze.

"Hello Mr. Lupin." Said Y/n kindly, her hand still held in Remus's. Though Y/n was kind with her words, she didn't sound happy.

"Y/n, please. You know you can just call me Lyall." He said, holding a hand up.

"My apologies sir." Y/n said, feeling slightly intimidated by Remus's father. She didn't get to speak with him, as much as she did Hope.

"Are you two ready to go in?" Lyall asked, looking to his son who haf avoided his gaze. Till now.

Remus had looked up glaring slightly at his father "Why aren't you already in there?" He asked, "We're you working?"