chapter one-hundred and nine

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞-𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞; 𝐀 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

Late at night(around 1am), the same Sunday that Y/n's parents never showed for lunch, she sat in the livingroom. She had already helped Remus to bed after cleaning his cuts.

Rain hit the glass of the window, which gave a soothing sound. Y/n always loved the sound of rain, and the feeling of it in her skin. There was something comforting about it. Y/n was reading a letter Dumbledore sent her, when suddenly the phone rang.

"Hello?" Y/n questioned answered, adjusting to use her shoulder to hold it.

"Y/n, dear, thank goodness you answered." Her mother's voice spoke.

Y/n sat up straight and set the letter down, grabbing the phone "Mum? Where the hell have you been?" She asked "You missed lunch, me and the boys were worried."

"Me and your father are so sorry." Euphemia said, "Something came up, and we just couldn't get out of work."

"You said you and dad don't work Sunday, so why were you suddenly working?" Y/n asked, finding all this suspicious.

"We.....we were called in." Euphemia said, "We tried to get out of it, but we couldn't. We're both so sorry."

Y/n sighed "It's fine mum." She mumbled, "I just wish you would have told us or something."

"I know, it was irresponsible of us to do." Euphemia said, "How about you and the boys come for lunch tomorrow?"

Y/n stared at the letter with a frown, Dumbledore's neat writing being visible to her. She bit on her bottom lip "I can't mum."

"What, why? Did something happen?" Euphemia asked, "You sound tense."

"I've got to go to headquarters tomorrow, Dumbledore needs to speak with me." Y/n said, "Theres a chance I won't see you for a few days."

"What? Is he sending you on a mission?" Euphemia asked panic laced in her tone, "Y/n, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Mum, I have to do this." Y/n said, "I'm not a child anymore."

"Your still my child, and so are James and Sirius. Thoes two already out there risking their lives is already too much stress for me, and your father." Euphemia said, "With you out there, I don't know how we'll cope."

"Mum, I'll be fine. So will James and Sirius. Of all the stupid shit we've done, a couple of death eaters won't take us out." Y/n said, "We're tougher than you look."

Euphemia sighed "Will you try and letter me, or contact me somehow?" She asked.

"Mum, we're not allowed to. You know that, letters will get intercepted." Y/n said.

"Use a muggle phone, or a patronus." Euphemia said.

"What?" Y/n asked, "Use a Patronus?"

"Yes, you can use a patronus somewhat like a-a phone." Euphemia said, "It's not hard, just conjure up a patronus say what you want and send it off."