chapter thirty-eight

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭; 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

It was late at night, maybe around 10pm. Y/n was downstairs, reading a book in front of the fireplace. She had on one of Remus's shirts she had stolen, and a pair of f/c checkered pajama pants. In the background, the cracking of wood from the fire was heard. Along with the sound, of Y/n's muggle radio play. And faintly upstairs, laughter came from three boys.

Y/n was eagerly waiting for Remus to arrive. Peter had already arrived, with a bundle of snacks and whatnot. After a short greeting, Peter had gone upstairs with James and Sirius. Euphemia and Fleamont, once more were stuck work. She wished they were home more often.

Y/n was wondering what was taking her boyfriend so long, she was terribly worried. Her thoughts were running wild, of all the possibilities that could've happened. Had he been attacked? Had his family been attacked? The death eater tool was rising, just like You-know-who's power.

Y/n was expecting Remu to come by the floo network, but was surprised when there was a knock on the door.

Y/n frowned, and closed her book setting it down. She grabbed her wand off the couch, which seemed to always stay near her now a days. Y/n pushed herself from the couch, and walked towards the door. The girl took a deep breath, and pulled the door open. And the sight in front of her, caused her to falter.

There stood Remus, a bouquet of flowers(just like the gif). Well two flowers, but several of them. They looked to be a bunch of oxeye daisies, and African daisies. The burnette boy had a huge smile in his face, his face dusted a light pink.

"R-remus!" Y/n sputtered, relieved. She was still shocked at the sight, but was relived to see him safe and sound.

"Bonjour, mon amour." Remus said, still smiling. (ʰᵉˡˡᵒ, ᵐʸ ˡᵒᵛᵉ)

a/n: I'm not very fluent in French, and I don't know a lot of it TBH. So I'm using Google translate, so theres a possibility this is all wrong.

Y/n's heart fluttered. Remus was very fluent in French, and every time he said softly in French. Y/n's heart would always race, and butterflies filled her stomach.

"W-what took you so long, I was bloody worried!" Y/n said dragging her boyfriend in, and closing the front door. Y/n then looked back at Remus, who of course was still holding the flowers smiling. "And why didn't you take the floo network?" She asked.

"I took so long, because uhmm." Remus paused, his face dusting an even darker pink. Almost like he was embarrassed.

"Remmy?" Y/n wondered, looking to the boy worried. She didn't understand why he was embarrassed, though he looked simply adorable.