chapter thirty-two

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨; 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐍𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐍𝐨𝐧𝐞

A week later. Y/n was still in the hospital wing, asleep. No one was sure why, but Madam Pomfrey assured everyone that she was alive. Remus had hardly left her side. He couldn't, he wanted to be there when she woke.

James hadn't left her side much either. He had written to their parents, and Euphemia instantly wanted to go and see her daughter. But both her and Fleamont were so busy with work, they could hardly catch ant spare time. Both adults were severely worried for their daughter, and requested an update on her every day from James. Even if there was nothing had changed.

Currently, it was late at night. And Remus sat awake at Y/n's bedside, holding on tightly to her hand. He just stared at his girlfriend. Even like this, she still looked absolutely divine. James for once wasn't there, Lily practically had to pry the boy away. Sirius and Peter tried to get Remus away, but of course he wouldn't listen.

Remus felt exhausted, more than usual. The full moon was last night, and he hated even having to leave but he had to. That full moon seemed to be worse than ever, and he had a lot more cuts than he expected. He missed Y/n, deeply. He missed everything about her.

He missed her voice, he missed her beautiful laugh. The way her dazzling e/c eyes shined in the right light, their cuddles on the common room couch. Her stupid puns, thay both her and Sirius said. He missed how Y/n and James always argued, which he sometimes found annoying. Who knew he could miss someone so much.

As Remus was lost in his own thoughts, a groan sounded from the bed in front of him. His gaze snapped up, and he felt something squeeze his own hand. Thats when he realized it was Y/n's hand.

"Y/n? Darling?" Remus said gently, scooting himself closer to her bed.

Another groan sounded fron Y/n, and her face scrunched up. After a few seconds, her eyes fluttered open. Y/n's eyes looked around, confused on where she was for a moment.

"Y/n, darling?"

Y/n looked over, and her heart fluttered "Remus?" She said. Her voice hoarse, from not speaking.

"Oh, thank merlin." Remus gasped, squeezing her hand as tears started to pool in his eyes.

Y/n smiled weakly, and softly "What happened?" She asked.

Remus sighed, tears still in his eyes "I don't even know, I was hoping you could tell me." He said weakly.

Y/n sighed "I was gonna duel Mulciber, and I was too mad to properly think. And not surprisingly, all his buddies came. But apparently there was a fifth one, that hit me with some Unknown spell." She explained.